7.3 or 6.0

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
Stay away from the 6.0's We bought a few of them here at work & they almost convinced the owner to buy a fleet of Dodges (Would not have been so bad if you ask me but anywho).

Specifically all 3 of our 6.0's had an enormous appetite for turbo's & injectors

bullitt1289

stateside again
Established Member
wow. thanks for all the input fellas. its lookin like im gonna go with a 7.3. if any body has one they are lookin to get rid of hit me up. wont be stateside for a couple months but who knows. not interested in duallys tho.

dragonlightning

Established Member
i've had both...

Get a 7.3, the 6.0 was only around for 3.5 years for a reason.

ON the other hand, you can't get a 7.3 to sound like this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2zEFb6bFLc"]YouTube - SSHPRacing.com F-350 PowerStroke 6.0 Dually with Loud Turbo[/ame]

Pic026.JPG

bullitt1289

stateside again
Established Member
i wish i could see what that is. you tube and all that sh*t is blocked. i cant see 95% of the pics on here because they are from photobucket or someplace like that and they are all blocked by the military.... iraq is gay

high_up1

Established Member
that 6.0 sounds bad ass. too bad they won't hold together. sounds like you've already made up your mind. let me assure you the 7.3 is the way to go.

bullitt1289

stateside again
Established Member
yeah i want something that is going to be reliable. i got big plans for the bullitt and i would rather sink my money into that then have a truck i am going to be fixing every other weekend. plus i need something for the winter. defenitly not driving the bullitt in the snow

TqMnster

Established Member
I would waaste a dime on the 6.0.... The 7.3 would be the only motor I'd consider if I HAD to have a powerstroke. Cummins FTMFW. I miss mine more and more every day.

bullitt1289

stateside again
Established Member
FTMFW? not sure what that stands for. i like cummins too but there arnt too many for sale in my area

bullitt1289

stateside again
Established Member
everyone always says if you get a 6.0 have the heads studded... what exactly do they mean? like have the heads taken off and add studs between the heads and block?

tj04cobra

Established Member
everyone always says if you get a 6.0 have the heads studded... what exactly do they mean? like have the heads taken off and add studs between the heads and block?

it means that there are studs used instead of head bolts this would involve replacing the head gaskets and securing the heads back to the block with studs instead of bolts. the factory head bolts stretch whenever you torque them down, head studs are alot stronger and basically do better at keeping the heads to the block.

bullitt1289

stateside again
Established Member
i doubt i would be able to get one for what i am looking to spend. altho if i buy a brand new one over here its tax free and i get all the rebates and stuff too. i wonder how much i could pick one up for....

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
i doubt i would be able to get one for what i am looking to spend. altho if i buy a brand new one over here its tax free and i get all the rebates and stuff too. i wonder how much i could pick one up for....

Definately look into it cause they are going for very good prices.

dragrazor

Established Member
I have a 2005 f-250 with the 6.0. Aftermarket exhaust, airaid filter, diablosport tuner. I ran 14.3 in the quarter.Been well over 120 miles per hour, 22,500 miles. Absolutely no problems with the motor. Don't know if I have just been plain lucky but I am very happy with my truck!! Regular oil and fuel filter changes.

bullitt1289

stateside again
Established Member
yeah i think i am going to go tomorrow after shift and see what kind of deal i could get for one.

juicedmustang

Established Member
I'm a diesel mechanic and trust me go with the 7.3. I've had mine for 5 years and the only problem that i had was the tranny and the cam sensor, the tranny problem was due to the power that it is making and towing. i got a turbonetics ball buster turbo, 120hp chip, exhaust, cold air intake, 8" lift w/ 38" tires on 20" rims. i did upgrade the tranny though, tripple disc billet converter, redline clutches, transgo tugger valve body kit. oh yeah, and there a hell of alot easier to work on. If you do get one and your going to tow with it, i highly recommend getting a good converter from BD, or ATS. hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread