Established Member
dropped car off and got...

manley pistons
manley rods
.030 over bore
coated bearings
9.0:1 compression
Tapping my oil pan for a t-trim
misc shop supplies (oil,coolant,plugs,ect)
pulling stock motor
machine work to new motor
reassembly of new motor

picked car up and drove off

under $6K tunr key from start to finish,

I think he broke down labor something like
$600 to remove and reinstall motor
$600 to convert shortblock to long block, time cams, ect.

Not sure my prices on parts, dont have my reciept anymore. Also not sure of my machine costs either.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I can reccomend a great shop to do your work, the guy that did mine took 4 months to get my car back which was absurd in my book but he has been known for being slow as piss, however he does great work. If you wanted to bring the car to charlotte I have a great shop that does all my motor stuff now and they are SCT/Diablo/AEM tuners as well.

Let me know if you want to give them a call and get a price quote. Of they beat your price by alot it would be worth the drive to have it done and use that extra grand for cams or something useful!!!

SilverSnake01 said:
i just got a quote for $7,000 to forge my motor everything new from head bolts to oil pan, does this sound right???

Longblock or shortblock? And does that include install or are we talking mail order?

VT Engines did a $12k motor for me that had some issues. I'm not trying to dog them, since I know they have a good reputation. But that motor was also an 8:0:1 compression motor.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
chuckstang said:
venemousSVT
how much after the 5800 for the blower and install????????
I am a part timer at the shop I got my kit from so my prices were better than average... but if you want a smoking deal I can hook you up. Just drop me a PM

Users who are viewing this thread