650whp LS7 Datsun 240Z Racecar Photoshoot

CH@Dbee

Photography.com
Established Member
At some point last year I was speaking with the editor of Import Tuner about a Supra I was attempting to get featured and happened to mention my friend Matt’s insane LS7 powered Datsun 240Z racecar. While the magazine had no interest in the original car I was pitching them they wanted to hear more about Matt, his car and the story of how he ended up deciding to build what is widely known as the worlds fastest 240Z. After a few emails exchanged with a a lot of photos, a lengthy and very impressive mod list and a great story behind the build they decided they wanted this racecar in their publication. Which is rare. A lot of the cars you see in magazines these days might look like racecars with their massive amounts of aerodynamic upgrades, but 95% never have and never will see a track. Matt’s Datsun is the complete opposite. It might have seen 1 or 2 cars shows in the past couple years but actively competes in the NASA Vintage Competition Racing Series where Matt and his old Z car hold track records all over the east coast.

Make sure to grab a copy of this months Import Tuner to see it in print.

-Chad
www.facebook.com/chadbeephotography
Instagram: chadbeephotography

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_9985.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_9929.jpg

DSC_9976.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_9989.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_9967.jpg

DSC_01802.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

CH@Dbee

Photography.com
Established Member
that 240 is nuts! Just beautiful

There is a lot of money in this build to say the least. There is very little off the self parts for this car, for this type of build. Ton's of custom stuff here.

Crazy thing is, the weekend after this shoot, a control arm bolt snapped in turn 3 of Road Atlanta...sending the car into the wall at 80mph. Its being rebuilt now with a tubular front end and full carbon widebody. It will be even faster soon.

CH@Dbee

Photography.com
Established Member
Thats a bad ass 240 OP!

You should do a shoot with Darius's 240z.

Its wide bodied, built LT1, supercharged, running on HREs.
Oh yeah thats a badass Datsun right there too! Tell him to book me for a shoot, I'd love to make it happen :)

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Oh yeah thats a badass Datsun right there too! Tell him to book me for a shoot, I'd love to make it happen :)
I'm not close to Darius, just met him a couple of times at Laguna, and brother almost bought a 510 from him! He is in Cali, north bay area.
A photo shoot with the car would look killer, I'm not a fan of all black, but his HREs are now black with the rivets being silver... It is a damn fine looking car!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I looked up some videos of that car. It makes really fast cars look REALLY slow.

CH@Dbee

Photography.com
Established Member
I looked up some videos of that car. It makes really fast cars look REALLY slow.

Matt, the owner is one of the major reasons I'm even somewhat quick in my trackcar. He has been driving Road Atlanta for 20 years. He is a very experienced and talented driver that is completely out of his mind. LOL.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Matt, the owner is one of the major reasons I'm even somewhat quick in my trackcar. He has been driving Road Atlanta for 20 years. He is a very experienced and talented driver that is completely out of his mind. LOL.

I think you need to be. My uncles both race dirt track, it wasn't until I went dirt bike hill climbing with one of them that I truly realized just how bat shit crazy they are.. No fear.

Your photos are amazing, you certainly have found your calling.

CH@Dbee

Photography.com
Established Member
I think you need to be. My uncles both race dirt track, it wasn't until I went dirt bike hill climbing with one of them that I truly realized just how bat shit crazy they are.. No fear.

Your photos are amazing, you certainly have found your calling.
Thank you very much, I'm very grateful I have somehow managed to be able to take pictures of cars for a living :)

CH@Dbee

Photography.com
Established Member
2 things i will say i don't like about the car.

1. I don't get to drive it.
2. Refer to #1.

It is just a sexy car, love it Op

LMAO! x2! Although to be honest, I'd be a little scared of it, its an old, small, light car with a short wheelbase with a ton of power. I guess thats what the 335 rear / 305 front hoosier slicks are for though, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread