625rwhp 07 Gt500 Feels Slow

mig4236

Established Member
I bought this 07 gt500 last week from Ron in this forum. Recently I raced my friends 5.0 and he smoked me by 4 cars and he only has a exhaust,intake and tune. I got
2.3 TVS
Port matched VMP ported elbow
Metco 2.60 Pulley
90mm Idler
Ford Racing 65MM Throttle body
Afco heat exchanger w/ dual fans
JLT 127mm CAI
FRPP Lowering Springs
RPS Street twin clutch assembly
Tuned at 625/609
I thought with that power it would go out of control or spin tires.I dont know if its belt slip or something else. oh and the tuner has two tunes one for performance and the other for street. I changed it to the performance tune and still didnt feel a diffrence. I Got this codes.
p1229-charge air cooler (cac) pump driver
p2105-Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown
u0300-Internal Control Module Software Incompatibility
p0148-Fuel delivery error
p0600-Serial Communication Link
p1000-OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete
What could it be?

Last edited:

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Sounds like you have electrical issues. The intercooler pump not working can be why the car feels sluggish. Might be a PCM failing from looking at all those codes. Might want to try a canned tune from one of the companies like Revan or VMP and see if its just a junk tune. Also, check for something shorting out your electrical system. Blown fuses or relays can cause many issues.

mig4236

Established Member
Sounds like you have electrical issues. The intercooler pump not working can be why the car feels sluggish. Might be a PCM failing from looking at all those codes. Might want to try a canned tune from one of the companies like Revan or VMP and see if its just a junk tune. Also, check for something shorting out your electrical system. Blown fuses or relays can cause many issues.
Sorry I made mistake the p1229 is -charge air cooler (cac) pump driver

Poppacapp

Established Member
You should literally pull the front bumper off that 5.0 with your mods.. it should not even be in the same vicinity as a close race. Have the car looked at by a reputable shop, and think about having a fresh dyno tune done by a reputable shop, or an email tune from VMP.

Verify that the heat exchanger pump is working. If it is not, your IATS will be too high and the car will pull alot of timing. I would also not suggest driving the car if the pump isn't working.

BJ with VMP should be able to help you out with the technical side of things.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Trade it in for a 5.0. They neva luz.

You need to take the car to a shop and see what is going on with it. It sounds like it is in limp mode or is pulling a ton of timing.

Listen to Poppacapp. His post is spot on.

When you get your car fixed race your 5.0 buddy for money. When you ass rape him (if you have traction) your winnings will help pay for your repairs.

mig4236

Established Member
Trade it in for a 5.0. They neva luz.

You need to take the car to a shop and see what is going on with it. It sounds like it is in limp mode or is pulling a ton of timing.

Listen to Poppacapp. His post is spot on.

When you get your car fixed race your 5.0 buddy for money. When you ass rape him (if you have traction) your winnings will help pay for your repairs.

Im taking it to a shop tomorrow. I just hope is nothing major and when its fixed ill be coming for him. lol

Poppacapp

Established Member
Im taking it to a shop tomorrow. I just hope is nothing major and when its fixed ill be coming for him. lol

Not sure, but if the 07 fuse box setup is like the 2012's, let me know, and if you want to I will take some step by step pictures on how to jumper the heat exchanger pump to turn it on when the car is off(I do this at the track to coll the coolant down a little better). To verify that it is working correctly

mig4236

Established Member
Not sure, but if the 07 fuse box setup is like the 2012's, let me know, and if you want to I will take some step by step pictures on how to jumper the heat exchanger pump to turn it on when the car is off(I do this at the track to coll the coolant down a little better). To verify that it is working correctly

Thanks man ill let you know.

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
I would think it would make more hp as well, mine did 601whp and it blows the tires to pieces, maybe a tuning issue???... keep us updated :pop:

walked_u_hard

Established Member
U300 is almost always the tune set for a different strat code. Return the car to stock through your tuner (take the tune off the car), check your strategy code and call your tuner with it, have them re write the tune. This could be the sole issue with the car.

For example a box code of XFN3 has a different strategy than BLV2, BUT the BLV2 tune could be loaded to the XFN3 computer and the car will not run right because some computers have different parameters than others (could also be why you have random codes popping up) which will throw a U0300. Im willing to bet money this is the case.

EDIT: Dont continue driving the car on this tune.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
U300 is almost always the tune set for a different strat code. Return the car to stock through your tuner (take the tune off the car), check your strategy code and call your tuner with it, have them re write the tune. This could be the sole issue with the car.

For example a box code of XFN3 has a different strategy than BLV2, BUT the BLV2 tune could be loaded to the XFN3 computer and the car will not run right because some computers have different parameters than others which will throw a U0300. Im willing to bet money this is the case.

Sounds like an easy thing to check. +100 on the above.

mig4236

Established Member

For example a box code of XFN3 has a different strategy than BLV2, BUT the BLV2 tune could be loaded to the XFN3 computer and the car will not run right because some computers have different parameters than others (could also be why you have random codes popping up) which will throw a U0300. Im willing to bet money this is the case.

EDIT: Dont continue driving the car on this tune.

I erased the the trouble codes. The only I got back is p0148-Fuel delivery error.

Users who are viewing this thread