618 RWHP Thanks to HP By Herman

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
I just got the phone call from Herman and my car is ready. A few bolt ons, a couple of dyno runs, along with the finishing touches of a street tune and my 04 cobra is pushing 618 HP, 561 torque, at 18.5 lb of boost. I can't wait to go get it tomorrow. Not sure how much sleep I will get tonight.... He said I need a new set of tires. Something about mine won't stick to the ground anymore. LOL

I have to tell you what a straight foward guy, easy to talk to, willing to share everything he knows (which would take a really long time) and an outstanding tuner he really is. He came highly recommended and I am glad I drove the 150 miles to Tampa, Fl. to have him work on my car.

More to come after I get to drive it home.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
CobraO4 said:
I just got the phone call from Herman and my car is ready. A few bolt ons, a couple of dyno runs, along with the finishing touches of a street tune and my 04 cobra is pushing 618 HP, 561 torque, at 18.5 lb of boost. I can't wait to go get it tomorrow. Not sure how much sleep I will get tonight.... He said I need a new set of tires. Something about mine won't stick to the ground anymore. LOL

I have to tell you what a straight foward guy, easy to talk to, willing to share everything he knows (which would take a really long time) and an outstanding tuner he really is. He came highly recommended and I am glad I drove the 150 miles to Tampa, Fl. to have him work on my car.

More to come after I get to drive it home.

What all did you get done?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Excellent numbers. You've GOT to give us your list of mods. And tell us how the drive home was. :burnout:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Well a KB or Whipple is a simple bolt on right? :-D Its not like changing heads or cams or trying to put long tube headers on. But a list of your modifications would be nice. :) oh and nice numbers!

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Here's the "fine print" from the dyno graph, "CAR IS A BOLT ON COBRA WITH 2.6-H, 60'S, BAP, PPRV REMOVED, BA2400."

So I guess the big power adder is the Kenne Bell 2.6H! :bowdown:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Nice numbers, I can attest HBH is an awesome tuner, I am very pleased with the work done to my car. Now I need to remove some of the cats and let that puppie breathe better :). HBH ftw

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
That's awesome man, from what I've seen HBH does great work. 618 RWHP, that's going to feel very nice. :pepper:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
Al's car was one of the better running cars when stock

When it came in it was stock except for magnaflow mufflers welded into the stock small tailpipes...it made 384h.p. and 364 ft. lbs. of torque. His car is a PERFECT example of how simple a setup like this should be. Seems the current trend is to over do the setups instead of only replacing the things that truly need replacing to begin with!:nonono: Here is all he has....the 2.6-H blower , single blade K-B throttle body, with 18 lbs of boost, 60 lb. flow tested injectors, the same stock exhaust with mufflers welded in( a total Magnaflow catback would makemore power for sure!) X-pipe, my cheap $130.00 CAI, stock pumps with K-B BAP, my dual relay wiring upgrade and last is my dual pass heat exchanger. There you have it.....simple but it flat out works!:burnout: The last and most important piece of the puzzle is getting a tuner that is willing to spend the time to tune the car right. Al's going to love this car now.....going from stock to this....unreal!!! :bowdown: Hermann OOPS! forgot....this is a 93 octane setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread