600 rwhp with GT500 and stock eaton.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Is this possible? I am in a debate with a guy, and have seen 580 with an upper and boltons....ports don't count.

So is it possible? With upper and lower with full bolt-ons (no NOS, no meth)

and any proof?

Thanks guys.

Fourcam330

Established Member
George (I think his screen name is 91svtbird or something along those lines) has cracked 600rw with stock longblock/blower. He emailed me the dyno resuts months ago, sorry I don't have them anymore. I'm sure he still does though.

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
with it ported 601 hp 600 torque with a 2.6 upper and 4lb lower dynoed last week in 90 deg weather. my buddy ran 585 with no port and different headders.

Tucker

I have a customer with a upper/lower, single blade TB and long tubes that put down 606 rwhp & 617 rwtq
Not sure about SAE though

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
My Car Putdown 605hp And 600tq W/evo Race Tune N/headers Stock Eaton W/lower Pulley 50 Degree's Temp And 74% Hum.

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
589 rwhp

mine is 589 rwhp and 573 tq on a mustang dyno. 2.6 upper 4# lower 160mm TB, stock exhaust with corsa mufflers and C&L cai.

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
mine is 589 rwhp and 573 tq on a mustang dyno. 2.6 upper 4# lower 160mm TB, stock exhaust with corsa mufflers and C&L cai.

Did you have to make any modifications for the 160mm tb to fit on the stock eaton? did you notice any improvements with the TB? I know on my old 04 cobra the larger throttle body made a difference on the dyno and seat of the pants.

chuckstang

Established Member
What kind of cooling mods are needed to get 550-600rwhp???

I have heard the stock cooling system is very good but man the heat soak with my intake and stock boost is crazy and I could not imagine how bad the heat would get from chaning the upper and lower pulleys!

Mustang_Racer

Established Member

I have heard the stock cooling system is very good but man the heat soak with my intake and stock boost is crazy and I could not imagine how bad the heat would get from chaning the upper and lower pulleys!

Bigger heat exchanger is a must when running 16+psi thru the stock eaton.

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
Did you have to make any modifications for the 160mm tb to fit on the stock eaton? did you notice any improvements with the TB? I know on my old 04 cobra the larger throttle body made a difference on the dyno and seat of the pants.

no mods needed for the TB. but had to change to the C&L cai from the JLT carbon to get the new FRPP strutt brace to work.
this thing is now a beast as if the stage two already was not - this is just wicked

jcthorne

Established Member

Even with the stock boost, the larger intercooler heat exchanger is of great benefit. Especially in warmer climates. Almost completely eliminates the heat soak problem for normal driving.

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
Can the stock eaton handle the extreme RPMs and still be dependable with good life expectancy?

it is okay for me as i only drive it about 3-4000 miles a year. and i figure once i hit 11.5sec in the 1/4 i will most likely go back to the 3" on top, which will essentially get me back to a stage 2 car with a bit more torque because of the more efficient TB.

Users who are viewing this thread