tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What is this nonsense...

I personally made 625whp at 4700ft altitude in 2005. 150zex wet shot, 2.8" pulley, full bolt ons, throttle body heat exchanger etc, stock long block. 485~whp off the bottle.

It was good for 130mph trapspeeds up here. 4.10's were holding it back on that combo. I think it would have done 133-135 with 3.73's because I had to boil way high to like 6500rpm+ to avoid needing 5th gear. My power peaked and fell off with that combo from 5200rpm. I had a window switch and bottle heater. Combo worked very well.

On the street, shifting at 5,500-6,000 it was seriously fast for the times. In 2005, 600whp was still fast/uncommon. Surprised c6 z06's, gt500's, on and on and on with that combo.

Went a little over 10-15,000 miles and 2 years on that combo but I got bad nitrous on one of the tank fills and lost cylinder 8 in 2007.

Bottom line is I made close to 650whp eaton/nitrous. It did get hot/heat soak, but if you run alcohol or methanol injection, you could probably cool the iat's by 50-100* pretty easily.

I'd imagine a ported eaton at about 525whp coupled with a 150shot would be a beast with a little meth injection. E85 would be even cooler (literally and figuratively)

Parts I didn't have on that combo that could only benefit a sprayton car. (spray+eaton were sprayton's iirc; god the nostalgic nicknames take me back a decade):
-headers (I just had stock logs with 2.5" catless dr gas x and 2.5" magnaflow cb)
-cams (a stage 2 blower cam would do wonders)
-head work (500whp and up, the stock heads 230cfm intake flow can be improved on for slight to moderate gains from what I've seen. From 750whp+, a full 300cfm+ port job can bet 50whp+ done well)
-standalone management (if you are trying for records/class racing/etc where every little edge makes a difference. a stand alone like a Big Stuff 3 will probably find 5-8% more power even at those levels than the stock ecu can allow. Mind you the stock ecu is pretty usable. I'm still on mine but might switch this summer)
-proper fuel system (I just had boost a pump, 60lbs injectors, etc) (good fuel with a great ecu would probably be good for a combined 10-12% power gain vs stock ecu/boost a pump/60's IMO- it's all tuning so a great tune may shrink the difference to nothing at all but as an average, it's much easier to make power with a nice fuel system and open ecu)
-cooling system (I just had an afco heat exchanger, stock fan, radiator, et al) (helps a ton with iat's and consistancy. Meth injection could be huge, that or e85 fuel... Lots of potential for efficiency when 91-93octane gets curbed for higher efficiency sources)
-oil mods (factory pan, pump, etc) (reliability, safety. No real power gains but it's smart money.)

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
03 white snake makes a solid point on why a dry shot would be a terrible idea.

Anything over a 50-75shot on eatons should be done as a wet shot. There's a definite risk of kaboom running a dry shot for 600whp. Huge risk.

No one has mentioned the difference, dry is shot into the inlet air plumbing. Wet is mixed into the fuel. You would not want a dry shot.

The oxygen comes from the nitrous. That statement is 100% correct. A wet shot will mix with the fuel. There is a lot of truth in the notion that a 100 wet shot only feels about like a 60-75 dry shot. Wet shots don't have as consistent of a delivery unless you run advanced stand alone ecu etc to maximize fuel tables and what not from what I have seen.

For the average 5-10 second race though, the 150wet shot will probably average at least 120-150whp of delivery. Mine felt noticeably weaker at 100mph if I had been in it from a 50 roll wot with nitrous flowing vs if I was at 80-100mph and then went wot. Wet shots are not as consistent but they still delivery plenty of power and it's the only way to really "safely" shoot for 600whp on a stock eaton IMO.

khaos

Established Member
I have a ported eaton and run a 100hp wet shot. Car made around 660hp

Zemedici

Established Member
578 is not 600 now is it. The eaton is just too small to move that volume of air. Run your engine that hard and spray a 200 shot. I'll be reading about you crying about blowing up your engine right off the dyno.

I don't care how fast a nitrous car and an eaton is. His thread is about 600 hp, not time slips.

A TS, is the correct way to make that power and have it reliable.

Is there something in the water today? Did you not comprehend what I said? That was on a 50 shot, do you think a 200 shot will net 22 whp?

Let me answer for you, Yes it will.

What is this nonsense...

I personally made 625whp at 4700ft altitude in 2005. 150zex wet shot, 2.8" pulley, full bolt ons, throttle body heat exchanger etc, stock long block. 485~whp off the bottle.

It was good for 130mph trapspeeds up here. 4.10's were holding it back on that combo. I think it would have done 133-135 with 3.73's because I had to boil way high to like 6500rpm+ to avoid needing 5th gear. My power peaked and fell off with that combo from 5200rpm. I had a window switch and bottle heater. Combo worked very well.

On the street, shifting at 5,500-6,000 it was seriously fast for the times. In 2005, 600whp was still fast/uncommon. Surprised c6 z06's, gt500's, on and on and on with that combo.

Went a little over 10-15,000 miles and 2 years on that combo but I got bad nitrous on one of the tank fills and lost cylinder 8 in 2007.

Bottom line is I made close to 650whp eaton/nitrous. It did get hot/heat soak, but if you run alcohol or methanol injection, you could probably cool the iat's by 50-100* pretty easily.

I'd imagine a ported eaton at about 525whp coupled with a 150shot would be a beast with a little meth injection. E85 would be even cooler (literally and figuratively)

Parts I didn't have on that combo that could only benefit a sprayton car. (spray+eaton were sprayton's iirc; god the nostalgic nicknames take me back a decade):
-headers (I just had stock logs with 2.5" catless dr gas x and 2.5" magnaflow cb)
-cams (a stage 2 blower cam would do wonders)
-head work (500whp and up, the stock heads 230cfm intake flow can be improved on for slight to moderate gains from what I've seen. From 750whp+, a full 300cfm+ port job can bet 50whp+ done well)
-standalone management (if you are trying for records/class racing/etc where every little edge makes a difference. a stand alone like a Big Stuff 3 will probably find 5-8% more power even at those levels than the stock ecu can allow. Mind you the stock ecu is pretty usable. I'm still on mine but might switch this summer)
-proper fuel system (I just had boost a pump, 60lbs injectors, etc) (good fuel with a great ecu would probably be good for a combined 10-12% power gain vs stock ecu/boost a pump/60's IMO- it's all tuning so a great tune may shrink the difference to nothing at all but as an average, it's much easier to make power with a nice fuel system and open ecu)
-cooling system (I just had an afco heat exchanger, stock fan, radiator, et al) (helps a ton with iat's and consistancy. Meth injection could be huge, that or e85 fuel... Lots of potential for efficiency when 91-93octane gets curbed for higher efficiency sources)
-oil mods (factory pan, pump, etc) (reliability, safety. No real power gains but it's smart money.)

I have a ported eaton and run a 100hp wet shot. Car made around 660hp

Hmm....crazy.....HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?! IT CANT BE DONE.

Newsflash, it can, and has been done for YEARS. I dont understand you guys who will argue shit when evidence proving you wrong is right in front of you. Its like looking at a blue sky and denying the fact its blue, insisting its red. Or like that scene in Liar, Liar

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Put a 100 DRY shot on it now and you'll make your 600hp. My car made 638hp on a 100 DRY shot (recommend) and went a 9.99 with an Auto in the car and a solid axle in the 1/4 mile. With a 150 DRY shot and a built motor it went a 9.85@140+mph. All with a Race Ported Eaton.

You can easily make 600hp with any ported Eaton and nitrous. We've been doing it for years and these motors are lower compression and built from the factory so they should be able to take it with a good tune.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm currently at 500rwhp and 470rwtq I'm trying to hit around 600 or close to it with stock supercharger

I vote port the eaton, add an E85 fuel system and spin that blower hard. That will be like a nitrous hit of TQ down low and thru the mid range with no let up of HP to redline....and you will get that feeling every single time. No bottle to worry about keeping full, at correct psi. And E85 is without a doubt safer

03' White Snake

Established Member
I guess my brothers cobra running a 50 shot on a non ported eaton must have something wrong with it. Makes close to 500 hp and mid 500 tq.

Good luck. I'll be waiting for the whats wrong with my car thread.

Zemedici

Established Member
I guess my brothers cobra running a 50 shot on a non ported eaton must have something wrong with it. Makes close to 500 hp and mid 500 tq.

Good luck. I'll be waiting for the whats wrong with my car thread.

Who said there's anything wrong with your brothers car? If he ported the blower he'd be at similar numbers to the guy you referenced with your '578 isn't 600' post

And guess what - it's Cuz they have similar mods.

Mind. Blown.

Last edited:

jose21

Established Member
Alright guys thanks for the advice and info ima go with e 85 and nitrous but first I gatta fix my bumper do to a stup*d rabbit on the highway

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Alright guys thanks for the advice and info ima go with e 85 and nitrous but first I gatta fix my bumper do to a stup*d rabbit on the highway

Pesky wabbits. Sorry for your ill-luck, that's shitty.

You'll be happy with that combo. Best part is if you go lyshom, twin screw or turbo in the future, e85 is awesome, and having nitrous is cool too.

I don't currently have a nitrous kit on my car, but if I can find space in my trunk, I want to do a nice system again.

People are correct in saying a twin screw is always on vs needing a refill, but my opinion is going nitrous and e85 now will still be useful in the future.

E85 will also gain you about 25-35whp off the bottle I'd imagine. ~500whp is fun for sure.

I'd save the money porting your eaton to go towards a bigger blower (or turbo) in the future.

Being a turbo snob, I'd go single 80 next and build a kit with a cg fab ff header combo. Mind you, I wouldn't daily drive that combo. If your cobra is your daily driver, I'd go 2.3tvs, make 625+whp on e85, and have a 100wet shot for when you wanna crest 700whp.

Users who are viewing this thread