6.7 Scorpion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Hey has anyone here driven or been in the 6.7 Scorpion Superduty?
My dad just bought one a couple days ago and it is the most comfortable truck I have ever been in. It moves pretty good for such a big truck too :rockon:.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Yeah, it was more peppy than I expected. Much quieter than the older diesels and much better ride quality. It doesn't even feel as if you are driving such a heavy truck.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
One thing that drives me crazy about them though is Ford going away from hydro-boosted brakes.

Wildman113

Established Member
One thing that drives me crazy about them though is Ford going away from hydro-boosted brakes.

That boggles my mind.

Why would you want vacuum powered brakes on an HD truck with an engine that doesn't even make any vacuum??

So instead of just using a hydroboost unit for all the models, they needed to design a vacuum booster as well as add a vacuum pump to run it. Seems quite counter-productive.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That boggles my mind.

Why would you want vacuum powered brakes on an HD truck with an engine that doesn't even make any vacuum??

So instead of just using a hydroboost unit for all the models, they needed to design a vacuum booster as well as add a vacuum pump to run it. Seems quite counter-productive.

My only guess would be to make the trucks feel more car like, or the vac system is cheaper. I love the brakes on the SVTP F-350.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
They sound great with exhaust. Neighbor has 3 F20's all lifted 6 inches for his lawn business and he just slapped a exhaust on his. I swear it sounds cammed at idle.

Wildman113

Established Member
My only guess would be to make the trucks feel more car like, or the vac system is cheaper. I love the brakes on the SVTP F-350.

Good to hear, perhaps its all about pedal feel then.

Still seems somewhat counter productive though :shrug:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
From what I've heard Ford finally got an engine that will compete with 7.3 for longevity. We have a fleet of superduty powerstrokes at work, 7.3's are all running flawlessly, 6.0 and 6.4 trucks are always having issues. Local dealership owner said he is having to find other work for his diesel techs because these are running so well.

BLK2012GT

Established Member
From what I've heard Ford finally got an engine that will compete with 7.3 for longevity. We have a fleet of superduty powerstrokes at work, 7.3's are all running flawlessly, 6.0 and 6.4 trucks are always having issues. Local dealership owner said he is having to find other work for his diesel techs because these are running so well.

I don't know about that. The 6.7's have turbo problems.

Jroc

Established Member
Hold up WTF? Ford dropped Hydroboost on the PSD's? That's just about full retard. :nonono:

The Vacuum assist brakes are one of my least favorite things on my L. They work great for about the first 80K miles or so, but then they start not working as good. When I do a brake job on my truck I will be converting to hydroboost. Already bought booster off a old 02 F250, and I will use my L's OEM master cylinder. I may trade it in on a remanned unit though. You can get a good remanned booster for around $150 or so. :banana:

23jk4k8.jpg

To be honest you could probably convert to a hydroboost setup in a new PSD pretty cheap, and easy if you wanted to, but it just sucks that you would have to do such a mod if you wanted hydroboost in a brand new, and costly PSD Super Duty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread