6.4 Excursion

tj04cobra

Established Member
was coming back to shop today in a 7.3 i just worked on and i was driving by our parts building and saw an Excursion with an 08 front clip on it, looked at the back and saw the factory 08 tips on the exhaust. Parked the truck I was working on and walked back up front to the parts building and the owner was in the truck and it was running, it was a 6.4!!! :shrug:. It looked sweet! Anybody else ever seen this before?? Tried to talk to the owner but he was on his cell phone. Wish I had my camara at the time.

tj04cobra

Established Member
no camper, im 1000 percent sure it was an excursion body and a 6.4 purrin underneath the hood. Saw vanity plates on it. It looked killer sweet, I just feel bad for anyone who might ever have to do a major repair to it. I will have to ask the parts people whats up with it tomorrow, maybe the owner told them what its about?

gabe74gt

yeah dude! same here but past a year ago! it was horrible to see for me because there was lot more along with to view!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ford should start building Excursions again. They owned that market when it was built and it was profitable. The only reason it was dropped was to appease the Greenpeace crowd and to free up space on the production line for higher Super Duty production.

dragonlightning

Established Member
Ford should start building Excursions again. They owned that market when it was built and it was profitable. The only reason it was dropped was to appease the Greenpeace crowd and to free up space on the production line for higher Super Duty production.

I think it would have been a bit better for Ford to have focused on the great fuel mileage of the Diesel X instead of letting the tree huggers go after the bad mileage gassers...

Users who are viewing this thread