6.0 Powerstroke Help

FourSixDTG

Established Member
I have a 2004 F350 6.0 and I recently am having a bit of trouble with it. Truck has 409,xxx KM (254,xxx miles) and is bone stock. About a month or so ago out of nowhere the truck seemed a little sluggish at times. I then noticed in my passenger mirror, when the truck seemed sluggish it was pissing out black smoke. I changed out my air filter and fuel filters for OEM replacements, and that half solved my problem. The truck no longer gives out black smoke from the exhaust however it still is sluggish when I get on the throttle at times. The truck now pisses out a blueish smoke when I get on the throttle most times as if its burning oil. I feel as though it may be something to do with my turbo, as every once in a while i step on the gas and it barely accelerates and then goes like hell, similar to a sports car with a small engine/big turbo. I am very new to powerstrokes/diesels so any help would be greatly appreciated.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You need to find a good shop with an IDS tool. It could be any number of things but a skilled tech running the proper tests should be able to help get you pointed in the right direction.

TOPLESS_SVT

Established Member
vvt ?? VGT?? solenoid, it controls the boost from the turbo with variable vanes, if they are stuck open it wont build boost properly and feel very sluggish.

FourSixDTG

Established Member
go to ford dealer... They know ALL problem with 6.0l ...
Thank you for your help. Will make a phone call tomorrow.

vvt ?? VGT?? solenoid, it controls the boost from the turbo with variable vanes, if they are stuck open it wont build boost properly and feel very sluggish.
Thank you for the help. I will do some more research to see if this may be the answer

Zemedici

Established Member
Extremely difficult to diagnose over the Web, get it checked out by a ford certified diesel tech. Could be a lot of things

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I have a 2004 F350 6.0 and I recently am having a bit of trouble with it. Truck has 409,xxx KM (254,xxx miles) and is bone stock. About a month or so ago out of nowhere the truck seemed a little sluggish at times. I then noticed in my passenger mirror, when the truck seemed sluggish it was pissing out black smoke. I changed out my air filter and fuel filters for OEM replacements, and that half solved my problem. The truck no longer gives out black smoke from the exhaust however it still is sluggish when I get on the throttle at times. The truck now pisses out a blueish smoke when I get on the throttle most times as if its burning oil. I feel as though it may be something to do with my turbo, as every once in a while i step on the gas and it barely accelerates and then goes like hell, similar to a sports car with a small engine/big turbo. I am very new to powerstrokes/diesels so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which is the nearest Major city...Edm,Cal,RD,GP?, lolyd, Fort M????

For instance
Edm-NADP would be good place
Cal-Brandell Diesel Ive heard good things
RD- S&M or Dirty diesel(Sylvan Lake) both good

Not sure on GP or Lolyd but both will have a good shop

paulstang347

Established Member
I bet your turbo vanes are seized. I see it all the time. Pull turbo off. Open up the inducer side and you will see what im talking about. There is a wheel that is suppose to move and get stuck causing no boost at low rpm. Your turbo may sound very loud as well. You can always do a turbo test with ids first .But i would put my money on the wheel.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Is your turbo gunked up? I went through the same on a friend's 6.0. Had to remove and rebuild/clean

Users who are viewing this thread