5th Gen Viper down, Houston C&C

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
While I drove the hundo around on stock tires car would want to kick around like that on the first 3 gears. Had to put in the time and effort to learn the car and its manners. Did have one instance where the pucker factor was bad. This was on a back road with no one around. Glad I was able to counter and keep it on the road. Even with the 555Rs, it can get sketchy.

That poor viper guy NEVER even saw it coming.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like to me the classic maneuver of nailing the gas without having the car pointed straight. He was coming around a turn, took it wide into the center lane and physics did its job unless you can control the rear with you right foot. Too much car for him with no idea how to keep it all controlled. A corvette will do the same thing with the controls turned off

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like to me the classic maneuver of nailing the gas without having the car pointed straight. He was coming around a turn, took it wide into the center lane and physics did its job unless you can control the rear with you right foot. Too much car for him with no idea how to keep it all controlled. A corvette will do the same thing with the controls turned off

Any rwd vehicle with enough power or unfavorable conditions can send the ass into varying levels of “oh shit factor”

Knowing a time and place to dick around is key.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Oh, im getting those too, those will be my track wheels since they are light as hell. But I have a decent set of wheels for the street incoming, will be looking to sell the stock Venoms now.

Those kids with phones recording and laughing are pathetic.
There's nothing like a kid that doesn't own a car laughing at you. Morons.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Most likely like every time your non average woman is behind the wheel... She was backing up, bumped into the car and panic and smashed the gas to only cause more mayhem. Remember, there is no in between for them on the gas or brake pedal. It's only all the way down or nothing.
God that is scary.
Morons, I mean, people like that should not be allowed near someone else's nice vehicles. lol

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cold tires are no joke.

+1

Performance tires in particular are no bueno when they are cold. And once they start to slide, their grip level goes down considerably.

The usual rule for taking a cold set of tires out on track: one lap like you're on ice, one lap like you're in the wet, and test the grip level under braking a few times on the second lap. All of us, myself included, have spun a car on lap 1 because of cold tires.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Hella Flush Viper

6D31BB8C-D614-4521-9CE3-1730B7258A4E.jpeg

_Snake_

Established Member
Watching how easily that Viper spun around, I'd guess either cold tires or more likely, hard tires (rubber degradation).

The buffoons squealing with glee made me wish they were lemmings running for a cliff.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
+1

Performance tires in particular are no bueno when they are cold. And once they start to slide, their grip level goes down considerably.

The usual rule for taking a cold set of tires out on track: one lap like you're on ice, one lap like you're in the wet, and test the grip level under braking a few times on the second lap. All of us, myself included, have spun a car on lap 1 because of cold tires.
+1, I spun my first time at Sonoma right at the apex of turn 2. It came out really nice in a photo too, looked like I was drifting the shifter kart.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
another 5th gen went down last weekend at RPR, private track rental, my buddy was there. The motor let go on the big end, oiled down the tires and went into the wall.

blk02edge

Established Member
another 5th gen went down last weekend at RPR, private track rental, my buddy was there. The motor let go on the big end, oiled down the tires and went into the wall.

damn that sucks, so much money just completely vanished

Users who are viewing this thread