555 DR's or ET Streets Radial II

cornholio

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone here has switched from the DR's to the Radial II's and if so their thoughts. I've had several sets of 315x35x17 DR's on the Cobra and am ready for another set. I was considering trying the ET Radial II's this time. At roughly 45 more smacks per tire I am curious if there is a marked difference.
With 525 to the ground and 4.10's, I don't get much traction out of the hole even with the DR's. So any improvement is probably worth it.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
If I read your original post correctly, You have owned several the Nitto Drs before?
I can get around 8-10,000 miles on them drivin' gingerly, lol...as I have 4.10s myself with around 450 to the wheels...
I say get another pair of them b/c you will be replacing the M/Ts very soon as they tend to wear very fast and are more expensive...
Either way, wouldn't hurt to mix it up a little and go with the M/Ts this time...

cornholio

Established Member
Yes, I have only had the DR's. It's not that I am not satisfied with them, they do the job for the most part. I was just curious if anyone with something close to my setup, had tried the ET's.
I will most likely give'm a shot...Since it does not sound like anyone else has. I can always go back to the DR's.
And by the way, I only have 19,000 miles on my car, and this will be the third set of DR's. I wish i could get the 8-10,000 miles that you get. It's odd because for the most part I drive the car like a baby, and it has only been to an eighth mile track once (3 runs).

Users who are viewing this thread