53,000 orignal mile lx 5.0 build thread

bionic_chronik

Established Member
Beautiful car man, I think that might be the same color as my coupe. Mine was clean and all when I bought it, but it had some dings and minor dents here and there. And the front bumper cover has a pretty nice hole in the passenger side. I said screw it, cut the hole in the fender for the UPR power pipe. It doesn't look that bad honestly, just get a piece of hose and cut in half and place it around the hole to make it look a little better.

You're a smart guy for putting subframes on right away.... sureeeeee wish I would have. I bought the car bone stock with an AOD in it, tore it all apart for a S-trim/TKO 5spd setup on the stock motor. The car is pretty twisted from what my buddies tell me because I didn't put connectors on. I have a cheap set I bought from American Muscle, I'm just waiting for a buddy to weld them on. Anyway nice car man!

19935.slow

Established Member
btw, I'm still on the 2.73 gears, how much of a difference did the 3.73's do for your car? lol I can't wait to get gears in this car...
3.73 was a big jump. We had the 2.73's in when the s-trim was first put on an it made a huge difference. With the r intake, and the small tfs cam you have to spin this engine above 5 to even get into the powerband, but thats fine. It screams now.

As far as subframes, most stock foxes twist in some way even from dd driving. Def not a bad idea!

i prefer the GTs with GT grounds effects but thats nice too.

Last fox was a gt hatch :beer:.

Users who are viewing this thread