53,000 orignal mile lx 5.0 build thread

19935.slow

Established Member
The car started as this:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgYsfT6zWyQ"]YouTube - 1990 5.0 mustang lx[/nomedia]

53,000 miles untouched.

Then we did the rims:

lx50.jpg

Then it went to trz motorsports for one off subrame connectors, I lost the pics, but it's also getting their adjustable control arms and some other jazz.
Check out TRZmotorsports.com

Shit got boring so we added some exhaust and a turbonator:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sLamvVcp0U"]YouTube - vortech 5 0 lx start up[/nomedia].

Stock everything, but some left over exhaust and tons of fuel via cobra injectors and a 255 with a adj fpr. Didn't put the power pipe on cause the cars to clean to cut up so if anyone needs a fresh anderson pipe $175 plus shipping.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Super nice car, I definitely agree in not hacking it up for a powerpipe. I never cut when installing one anyways I take my time and roll it in making a nice lip that can be hammered back out if needed to be. Most people just chop a hole because they don't care.

How much was the car? That would fetch close to $10k in 100% stock trim.

19935.slow

Established Member
I hacked up my 93 gt for a vortech once, now it's turbod and pretty beaten up. The white one in the video that is. So I learned my lesson. How did you role the hole in the fender?

Paid around $6000 for the car. It was quite a drive to get it. 1 owner, full options, a/c and heat still work. The car is flawless man. I love it though. It was always nice to step out of my turbo car and jump in this when it was stock. It needed some more power to boot though.

BLK93GT

Established Member
That was a good deal, I can get a 93 LX with 23k on it for $6500b but not any sense in a 100% stock car right now. I can't ever get myself to mod them and sell them.

I would have to find pics, but I used a piece of brass roll stock and a body hammer along with a dolly. I did it to my 93 LX in my sig since the car already was a 100k mile car and was modded a lot when I got it. I wouldn't do it on a low mile car though, still better than cutting but ehh. Only a 2lb boost difference and on the street who cares. Dallas Mustang used to sell a 3 1/2" cast aluminum pipe that was nice and fit without any work.

19935.slow

Established Member
That was a good deal, I can get a 93 LX with 23k on it for $6500b but not any sense in a 100% stock car right now. I can't ever get myself to mod them and sell them.

I would have to find pics, but I used a piece of brass roll stock and a body hammer along with a dolly. I did it to my 93 LX in my sig since the car already was a 100k mile car and was modded a lot when I got it. I wouldn't do it on a low mile car though, still better than cutting but ehh. Only a 2lb boost difference and on the street who cares. Dallas Mustang used to sell a 3 1/2" cast aluminum pipe that was nice and fit without any work.

I'd end up with that car in the garage if I had my eyes on that kind of deal lol. Thanks for the info. If anything I work at trz motorsports the guys that do all the suspension. We may just fab up a custom pipe in the shop later on. I need a tune for this car asap! I'll prob throw a slightly larger tb on and hope to crack 300. Then next is gears.

Eddie Z

Established Member
Did you buy this car at a Ford dealership in Palatka? I had found a similar car on autotrader, called the next day and they told me it was sold the night before. :cryying:

Very nice car!

BTW I've since then bought a 91 GT, and I'm looking for someone to install some maximum motorsports subframe connectors in the area. Can you guys install these and if so how much?

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
Lol this is the car from palatka. Thes kinda funny how someone else on here was looking to snatch it up. I found it one night cruising craigslist and I got out of work early the next day. Otherwise the car wouldn't be in the garage today. The dealership treated us like family and the car was better then anticipated, especially for the money. Theres foxes selling for 10 grand that aren't this nice. I looked for ever for a clean one and everyone on craiglist thinks theirs is the "one".

If you didn't buy the subframes next we can do them at TRZ. Prob cheaper too, better. Where do you live at? I haven't seen your car around at all.

Last edited:

trickflow coupe

Established Member
i sold my h/c/i and full exhaust 90 coupe right after i got my cobra and man do i miss that car it was such a blast to own that thing i miss the smell of a foxbody
IMG_0378.jpg

sorry for the hi-jack i just cant wait to get a fox again:beer:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
VERY VERY Nice hatch!!! but could of done better job on wheels..
i sold my h/c/i and full exhaust 90 coupe right after i got my cobra and man do i miss that car it was such a blast to own that thing i miss the smell of a foxbody
IMG_0378.jpg

sorry for the hi-jack i just cant wait to get a fox again:beer:

^^^ very nice.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The car started as this:

YouTube - 1990 5.0 mustang lx

53,000 miles untouched.

Shouldve kept it untouched.

I wouldve put an intake and catback and called it a day.

But if you must, please, PLEASE do not do any hackjobs or ghetto-fab on any modifications.

Clean, virgin foxes, dsm's and all other vehicles of this category are hard to come by these days in that condition, and its almost appalling to see people get them and hack them up only to trash them and sell them off 2-3yrs later. Saw a thread earlier with some guy who got a pristine 1g GSX and first thing he does is start hacking up the front end to fit a huge front mount intercooler, and doesnt even do it neatly.

19935.slow

Established Member
Shouldve kept it untouched.

I wouldve put an intake and catback and called it a day.

But if you must, please, PLEASE do not do any hackjobs or ghetto-fab on any modifications.

Clean, virgin foxes, dsm's and all other vehicles of this category are hard to come by these days in that condition, and its almost appalling to see people get them and hack them up only to trash them and sell them off 2-3yrs later. Saw a thread earlier with some guy who got a pristine 1g GSX and first thing he does is start hacking up the front end to fit a huge front mount intercooler, and doesnt even do it neatly.
The white gt in the video has had 3 motors, a vortech, and now it's got an explorer long block with a 70mm turbo. I learned my lesson. It use to be as pristine as the titatium hatch, but I got it when I was 19 -_-.

3737220493_236590766_IM1_04_565x-1.jpg

This car can be turned back to stock by tomorrow if I want.

thanks man i miss that car so much:cryying: and seeing 19935.slows hatch makes me want another one so bad im just torn between a notch and a hatch
Pick up another one man, wait for the right car though, thats all I can say about that. If you watn a notch, wait for the right notch.

nice Fox for sure...love the color
Thanks man!

Eddie Z

Established Member
Lol this is the car from palatka. Thes kinda funny how someone else on here was looking to snatch it up. I found it one night cruising craigslist and I got out of work early the next day. Otherwise the car wouldn't be in the garage today. The dealership treated us like family and the car was better then anticipated, especially for the money. Theres foxes selling for 10 grand that aren't this nice. I looked for ever for a clean one and everyone on craiglist thinks theirs is the "one".

If you didn't buy the subframes next we can do them at TRZ. Prob cheaper too, better. Where do you live at? I haven't seen your car around at all.

Yep, figured that was the one. I was going to buy it, you beat me to it. :beer:

I'm in the altamonte springs area. It's a plain jane white GT, stock ponys and all.

Wife already bought me the MM subframe connectors for c-mas, so I have them already.

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
oh trust me iv been looking but the wife wont let get one she dosnt see the point of having 2 mustangs but maybe later on down th road id love to get my hands on an SVO
lol I hear you man. Ride out the marriage, she will cave later on :beer:

Yep, figured that was the one. I was going to buy it, you beat me to it. :beer:

I'm in the altamonte springs area. It's a plain jane white GT, stock ponys and all.

Wife already bought me the MM subframe connectors for c-mas, so I have them already.
Sorry about that man, wasn't ganna get out of reach on this one. Any pics of the gt? Call 407-933-7385. Thats the shop number. We stay busy making parts in the winter (now), but we might be able to squeeze you in. Mike and Todd run it and they are the nicest guys out there and Mike's welds are the best in town. It's in kissemee near osceola parkway.

Nice find. I agree on the Dont hack it up requests!
It may get a custom power pipe that wont require any cutting. The car will probably get a 3.90 gear, some real exhaust, slicks on the 10 holes, and some control arms... thats it :coolman:

19935.slow

Established Member
The car was tuned on friday. The car only made 7 psi. I guess My small filter and elbow were a little restrictive as well as taking in some serious heat and the car was pulling timing after the first run. It made 285rwhp cold then the numbers dropped to 245rwhp on the last run. Car still has stock headers, top end, throttle body, and everthing else. Just a shitty bbk hpipe and some flows so I was impressed.

Change of heart on the power pipe. It will be put on along with maybe some bbk shorties. Shootin for 320 or so with an extra 3psi.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwzktPPZdw0"]YouTube - Lx 5 0 7psi video[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread