520WHP DSM got owned by S351

01zincguy

Established Member
JKD- He DID sandbag that race, I was there for the race, and the aftermath BS talking. I have a few other vids of him racing (and beating the following : T51r / stroked Supra , and a 5xx hp Galant VR4. Two weeks ago he also beat up on a 420fwhp turbo integra (which weighs ALOT less than the S351). His cars are no joke.

Ryan

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Well ok, thats great and all. . but we cant tell that from the video.

See, ok, here is what annoys the crap out of me. . . .OK. . sandbagging has a point. . . .the point of sandbagging is to make your opponent 'think' that he stuck with you, or didn't lose by that much. Therefore, your hiding your cars true power. By doing this, you can still win a race, but you give the other guy enough hope that he thinks he can upgrade his car just a little bit and come back and beat you. But, since you sandbagged, all you have to do the next time is just push it alittle harder, therefore, each time you race the guy, you always win by just a little bit. So each time the guy thinks he can beat you the next time.

This is a great strategy to make money on races, or. . to set up someone for the kill.

NOW. . . .the point of sandbagging is to hide the true power of your car. . .so when you race someone WHAT IS THE FREAKIN POINT OF TELLING THEM YOU SANDBAG. . . . .THERE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW, SO THEY WILL COME BACK AND RACE YOU NEXT WEEK BECAUSE THEY BARELY LOST. . .TELLING SOMEONE YOU SANDBAG GOES AGAINST THE WHOLE POINT OF SANDBAGGING. . . . . .

So, why would someone let everyone know that he sandbags? To make everyone think his car is faster then it really is.

If your going to sandbag, then do it. . .keep it to yourself, play your little game, it is actually very effective. But when you race someone, and barely beat the guy, and start saying you sandbag is when the BS happens. Isn't that the point of sandbagging? To barely beat the other guy so he comes back to race again for money? If so, then why do you say you sandbag when you barely win? That should be the whole point, you should say "your right, that DSM almost got him, the saleen almost lost" this way, the DSM will come back next week with more boost and some money. . .and then the saleen can't let it all out (or more of it) and push it just enough to beat him. Win his money, and still have a car to race next week.

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING, EITHER GO ALL OUT AND RACE SOMEONE, OR SANDBAG AND KEEP IT TO YOURSELF WHEN YOU BARELY WIN A FREAKIN RACE.

Last edited:

King Cobra 2000

Established Member
Saleen 351

The 1999 351 SC Saleen has 495 hp and 490 lbs at around 3600-3700 pounds. With a top speed of 181.

Don't believe me go to Saleen Unlimited .com:p

Bling

Established Member
Didn't look like ownage to me either. That DSM was holding it's own pretty good. Most people that claim they were sandbagging are just saying that to save face. He barely pulled that DSM and wanted to make it look like he wasn't trying, so he claimed he was sandbagging. Real sandbaggers will never mention it to anyone under any circumstances. Cool vid though.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
The 1999 351 SC Saleen has 495 hp and 490 lbs at around 3600-3700 pounds. With a top speed of 181.
Was that directed towards me? I know all about the saleen, trust me. . . .but 490hp is not really that much. Heck, I have more then that in my 03cobra and I barely have any mods!

01zincguy

Established Member
Guys- Who ever said that the s351 was stock? He likes to sandbag so that he can beat up on the bigger guns out here.

Ryan

King Cobra 2000

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
Was that directed towards me? I know all about the saleen, trust me. . . .but 490hp is not really that much. Heck, I have more then that in my 03cobra and I barely have any mods!

No it was not. To anybody who don't know nothing about these cars. ;-)

cobraless

Established Member
It was obvious that the dude started to pull after he looked over, but it wasnt like he ran away like a rabbit running from a turtle. The DSM was for the most part holding his own. I have 2 friends with 400+ to the wheels in their dsm's and they can't keep up with my other friends 2003 cobra on the highway.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Originally posted by 01zincguy
JKD- He DID sandbag that race, I was there for the race, and the aftermath BS talking. I have a few other vids of him racing (and beating the following : T51r / stroked Supra , and a 5xx hp Galant VR4. Two weeks ago he also beat up on a 420fwhp turbo integra (which weighs ALOT less than the S351). His cars are no joke.

Ryan

can we see some other vids or something...? that vid was way short and i couldnt see any ownage...
thanks
JD

CS 1

Originally posted by vipergts281
I would love to own a 99 S351 one day. Bad-ass car.

I owned #21 1997 Saleen 351 R code. One of three white 351 R's made that year. Bought it from Performance autosport in Virginia for $36k and sold it for $45 k in lesss than 30 days. Didn't even have the car registered yet. Only had 6k miles and the damn thing was near flawless. My car had some headwork done to it before I bought it and had the boost upped a little. It made 550 rwhp easy and that was when the boost was moderate. The car on street tires (not drag radials) and starting in 2nd gear barely givng it gas to get it going , burned all of 2nd, 3rd, and half of 4th and went through the traps at 121mph still spinning (the tires were smoking) through the traps. jake at Lamottas came back around from running it and just said,"That thing is a rocket with no traction!!"

The previous owner said the car ran Mid 10's on ET Streets at 129mph. I thought he was full of crap when I bought the car.

It was such a great driving car. I know later on (like 20 years from now) I will regret selling it. Chris

Turbo Cobra

Fast Family Car
Established Member
Guys, that DSM was OWNED, i think its pretty obvious, the guy starts off the race hard for like 2 sec then keeps the DSM there to tease him then (laughs :-D ) and takes off, and in a few seconds has him by like 3-4 cars.... hmmmmm yea the DSM did hold its own when the Saleen was holding the gas pedal at 75% :beer:

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by REDFIRE1
I owned #21 1997 Saleen 351 R code. One of three white 351 R's made that year. Bought it from Performance autosport in Virginia for $36k and sold it for $45 k in lesss than 30 days. Didn't even have the car registered yet. Only had 6k miles and the damn thing was near flawless. My car had some headwork done to it before I bought it and had the boost upped a little. It made 550 rwhp easy and that was when the boost was moderate. The car on street tires (not drag radials) and starting in 2nd gear barely givng it gas to get it going , burned all of 2nd, 3rd, and half of 4th and went through the traps at 121mph still spinning (the tires were smoking) through the traps. jake at Lamottas came back around from running it and just said,"That thing is a rocket with no traction!!"

The previous owner said the car ran Mid 10's on ET Streets at 129mph. I thought he was full of crap when I bought the car.

It was such a great driving car. I know later on (like 20 years from now) I will regret selling it. Chris
WOW, sounds like an incredible car. You probably will regret selling it. :p And that is awesome that you sold it a month later for $9,000 more.

ANd IMO, the 351 was starting to walk away from the DSM....which is why he hit the brakes.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Turbo Cobra
Guys, that DSM was OWNED, i think its pretty obvious, the guy starts off the race hard for like 2 sec then keeps the DSM there to tease him then (laughs :-D ) and takes off, and in a few seconds has him by like 3-4 cars.... hmmmmm yea the DSM did hold its own when the Saleen was holding the gas pedal at 75% :beer:

Looked like ownage to me also. Not that the DSM isn't fast it's just that the Saleen is wicked fast!

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by Turbo Cobra

yep!!! thats my thoughts exactly!!! he owned him big time...i mean that dsm was fast, but the saleen is a freak s351..the fastest saleen on the market, except for the s7 of coarse:bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread