51's vs 57's???

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
havent you heard two is always better than one LOL
I belive you will spool faster and from what i have seen a pair of 57mm are good for 50hp more than a 76 at the same boost level, at least under 20psi (more efficient in that range) dont know above...

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
thats true i could go 57's and go with a smaller A/R for added spool time. So many options so little money :D :kaboom:

I know what you mean man! I feel your pain on the little money part :cuss:

this is a really noob question but noone has ever told me what exactly is brake boosting? do you just hold the gas a little and the brake at the same time to let the rpms go up without you moving? Im a noob so please dont flame lol

03cobrarocks

Established Member
!!

2003Slobra said:
57's wont even really see full boost @ 3200. Depending on the size of the A/R and gear, 67's can be very usefull. Even if you were to pull up next to one on a highway, all he has to do is brake boost and bring the car to 5-6 PSI and it would be more than enough. Already moving at that speed, there will really be no difference between the 57's and 67's. Then you can throw into the arguement on what rear end gear he has. Consider if he had a 3:27 or 3:08, then he would be able to use his power band a lot more efficently than say the 57's and 3:55's. So many different ways to go, so little time.

you sound like a smart man! There are soo many diffrent ways to go! its ridiclous... I am still trying to figure out what way I want to go there are SOO many and none of them seem to be a clear winner over the other I mean you got:

ported blower, longtubes, decent size nitrious shot and solid axle, weight reduction for the cost of twin screw and supporting mods, or you got a turbo that makes a lot of PEAK horsepower but doesnt nessacary have a lot of torque down low unless its set up right! I just need like 3 cobras lol one with each of the above setups... then I could decide whats the winner!

you are right so many diffrent options with these cars...

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
I know what you mean man! I feel your pain on the little money part :cuss:

this is a really noob question but noone has ever told me what exactly is brake boosting? do you just hold the gas a little and the brake at the same time to let the rpms go up without you moving? Im a noob so please dont flame lol
you are correct, Basically the object is being on the breaks enough to where you can stay at the same speed the other guy is while causesing the RPM's to go up which in turn causes the turbos to create boost! Or guys do it when they are screwing around so that they can have added torque.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
mobius said:
the 57mm seem to be the best all around setup, plenty of room to grow and still spool decently on stock cubes... also good for 700+ on pump gas...

+1. 57's or a single 76 for stock displacement 4.6L...

Didn't 57's do 1000rwhp on 30 PSI and race gas?

Users who are viewing this thread