$5000 What would you put on this! Just ?

supersnake94

Established Member

cobra5 by gsxrcody, on Flickr

:pepper:I have $5000 to put into my cobra, I live in houston tx and if there is anyone out here with stuff for sale let me know(supercharger). Like for yalls opinion on what you would do with it too..Or Trade This car plus the $5k for an termi? Let me know what you think i should do or put on it:burn:..Stock car besides exhaust

supersnake94

Established Member
oR I CAN put 2500 on a supercharger ,dyno tune and push the same amount hp out and stil have another 2500 for other parts..I guess what im looking for is someone that owns a shop in houston that i can get a good deal and good work done or good advice..

pacific4v

Established Member
Your not gonna get a supercharger, supporting mods, labor, and tune and still have $2500 left. That'll probably eat through your whole budget and you'll be on borrowed time with a stock shortblock if u want to make pullied 03/04 power.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
You could get an eaton swap for $2500, but that wouldn't include tune and labor if you didn't do the install. You won't be able to make the power of a pullied 03/04 though. The motor will blow up and what you have left over for money won't repair it.

I'd try to sell the car as is and take that money with the $5000 and put that towards an 03/04. They are coming down quite a bit in price. You won't be able to pay for it in full after selling your car, but you will be close. Figure low 20's for a clean low mileage 03/04 from a seller that doesn't have foxbody owner mentality.

supersnake94

Established Member
What tires should i put on it.. i have 10 or 10.5x18 in the back and 9 or 9.5x18 in the front..Want that wide tire look.. i know stupid ? but rather ask then buy the wrong tires..And if i went with a diff rim should i put wider rims on it.

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
What tires should i put on it.. i have 10 or 10.5x18 in the back and 9 or 9.5x18 in the front..Want that wide tire look.. i know stupid ? but rather ask then buy the wrong tires..And if i went with a diff rim should i put wider rims on it.

275/35 18 front 295/35 18 rear KDW2

you can run a 315 on a 10.5, no reason to go any wider than that. You cant run wider than a 9.5 up front without serious work, and usually requires a SLA, so your fronts are pretty much maxed out.

Last edited:

1hot281

Established Member
Get some quality tires, full length subframe connectors, a quality shifter (MGW, Steeda) and maybe a quality set of springs and shocks. H&R SuperSport springs and Bilstein shocks... or you could go Coilovers... MM or KW coilovers are pretty awesome.

17 or 18x9 up front and 17 or 18x10 out back is great for Mustangs. Can't really go much wider up front without suspension mods, and can't go too much wider out back without throwing the balance of the car off... unless you're a drag racer, in which case, balance doesn't matter.

275/35 18 front 295/35 18 rear KDW2

This; except i'd pass on the KDW2's and go Michelin Pilot PS2 or Pirelli PZero Rosso

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Get some quality tires, full length subframe connectors, a quality shifter (MGW, Steeda) and maybe a quality set of springs and shocks. H&R SuperSport springs and Bilstein shocks... or you could go Coilovers... MM or KW coilovers are pretty awesome.

17 or 18x9 up front and 17 or 18x10 out back is great for Mustangs. Can't really go much wider up front without suspension mods, and can't go too much wider out back without throwing the balance of the car off... unless you're a drag racer, in which case, balance doesn't matter.

This; except i'd pass on the KDW2's and go Michelin Pilot PS2 or Pirelli PZero Rosso

Hes only got 5 grand....I dont think he wants to spend 1700 of it on tires by going with PS2's or Rossos......On an utterly stock car, there wont even be a difference between the bfg's and the other 2...If you ever THINK of spending that much on tires go with the R888's. They dont make a 295/35 18 though, so you have to go with a 315.

supersnake94

Established Member
I have all new springs and chamber plates maxium motorsports. I have 9in wide rims in front and 10.5 in rear. Just need a better tire in rear.Gonna go with the kdw2 . Got a Guy that said he will sell me a procharger kit for $2500 including a 1core intercooler with pipes,bigger injectors and a bap for it to.I also have a guy wanna sell me a KB supercharger kit just need injectors and bap for it too,for the same price i can put all that on myself just need to get a tune. already have 3.73 in rear and mgw short throw. Car did have the recall done to it too..SLP Headers back for exhaust.

1hot281

Established Member
I have all new springs and chamber plates maxium motorsports. I have 9in wide rims in front and 10.5 in rear. Just need a better tire in rear.Gonna go with the kdw2 . Got a Guy that said he will sell me a procharger kit for $2500 including a 1core intercooler with pipes,bigger injectors and a bap for it to.I also have a guy wanna sell me a KB supercharger kit just need injectors and bap for it too,for the same price i can put all that on myself just need to get a tune. already have 3.73 in rear and mgw short throw. Car did have the recall done to it too..SLP Headers back for exhaust.

Sounds like a decent plan, but i'd recommend getting a full matching set of tires front and rear... mismatched tires = unbalanced handling

if you just want more grip in the rear for drag racing, you might as well get drag radials out back. Nitto 555R, G-Force T/A, and MT ET Street's are all good.

and full length subframe connectors... especially on a convertible. It's a necessity for these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread