50 mile waverunner trip

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
So I took the ski out for a trip on the caloosahatchee river down here in southwest Florida. Two friends of ours on their seadoo's joined in. Was a 50 mile trip in total. What a blast. Here is a video of some clips I put together off my gopro.

Made this video with my iMovie app. Little change of pace from what we all come on here for which is cars lol If you have 6-7 min enjoy.

http://youtu.be/oKoeV0DH5hM

ramstein

Established Member
Makes me miss my VXR I just sold to buy a new car for my wife. I love river riding but going out to the gulf to jump waves is the best. I plan on getting a spark and putting a turbo on it next season. Should get some serious air.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Man you guys have some nice wide glassy rivers there! I miss my modded '04 RXP so much, next year I'm getting a new '12+ RXP-X for me and a Spark for the wife.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Looks like a blast. How far can you get on a tank of gas?

You can get about 90-100 miles out of a tank if you stay around 35mph which is hard lol but the ski has a low mode which basically locks it out at 42mph max and comes out of the hole like a turd. We are planning on making a trip over to Bimini soon. About 45-50 miles across from Miami. People do it all the time and it looks like a blast over there.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You can get about 90-100 miles out of a tank if you stay around 35mph which is hard lol but the ski has a low mode which basically locks it out at 42mph max and comes out of the hole like a turd. We are planning on making a trip over to Bimini soon. About 45-50 miles across from Miami. People do it all the time and it looks like a blast over there.

Absolutely. I have family that takes their 33' CC over to the Bahamas and loves the trip/experience. I have even heard of a few people doing The Great Loop on Jet Skis lol...thats a commitment.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I'd really like to make that trip, especially if I was on a new Ultra 310.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Looks like a lot of fun. I just picked up a '14 Yamaha FZS. It's a badass ski, I'd love to take it on a far distance ride like that, but keeping it in a range that it gets good mileage would be tough.

396143FE-E3FE-4B8C-B584-CEBCBCA48E3D_zpsmkil821i.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I won't lie if I lived by rivers I'd be doing that every weekend. Looks fun as ****, been jet ski'ing a few times in my life, cracking that throttle and blasting across the waves at 45-50 is ****ing awesome.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Looks like a lot of fun. I just picked up a '14 Yamaha FZS. It's a badass ski, I'd love to take it on a far distance ride like that, but keeping it in a range that it gets good mileage would be tough.

396143FE-E3FE-4B8C-B584-CEBCBCA48E3D_zpsmkil821i.jpg

Very nice man! The svho engines are powerhouses compared to mine :( that ski looks awesome!! Congrats.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Very nice man! The svho engines are powerhouses compared to mine :( that ski looks awesome!! Congrats.

Thanks.

Picked it up for a good deal about a month or so ago, has about 9 hours on it so-far, about that time to change the oil.

One of my buddies has a (I think '12) Sea-Doo RXP-X 260, and we did a friendly race and by the time my speedo said 70, which didn't take too long, I had him by about a ski-length. The power of this thing is unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread