50....errr...Two Shades of Grey. An Encore Build Thread

TheOneandOnlyLTstang36

Established Member
Looks awesome brother! I can’t wait till tomorrow when we assembly the entire engine from top to bottom. Watch out everyone this build is going be a Beauty to look at and a beast when your looking at the tail lights!! Lol Its officially about to kick off

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BYEPOLR

Established Member
^^preach brother lol

Hoping to have the completely painted, assembled roller back at the shop early this week. STILL waiting on the carbon fiber hood to be finished and shipped. One of the biggest design decisions I'll have is to keep it all carbon or blend the paint along the cowl line. I'm torn right now, but I think once I see the hood on the car the proper choice will reveal itself

TheOneandOnlyLTstang36

Established Member
Me personally I think we should keep it all carbon fiber. It will look sinister from the front but then again blending it may be the best way to go. Just for the simple fact that there is no other carbon fiber on the car. But it’s your car and your choice so we shall see.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Me personally I think we should keep it all carbon fiber. It will look sinister from the front but then again blending it may be the best way to go. Just for the simple fact that there is no other carbon fiber on the car. But it’s your car and your choice so we shall see.

we know one thing for sure....I'll change my mind 22 times before making a decision

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
^^preach brother lol

Hoping to have the completely painted, assembled roller back at the shop early this week. STILL waiting on the carbon fiber hood to be finished and shipped. One of the biggest design decisions I'll have is to keep it all carbon or blend the paint along the cowl line. I'm torn right now, but I think once I see the hood on the car the proper choice will reveal itself
As a Mineral Grey owner, if I had a CF hood I would only paint the outer edges to define the body lines of the hood. The center would have to show off the art and beauty of the carbon weave.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BYEPOLR

Established Member
As a Mineral Grey owner, if I had a CF hood I would only paint the outer edges to define the body lines of the hood. The center would have to show off the art and beauty of the carbon weave.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I'm 60/40 leaning that way. I just have to see the hood installed and get a feel for how well the lines flow with the grill opening

TheOneandOnlyLTstang36

Established Member
I'm 60/40 leaning that way. I just have to see the hood installed and get a feel for how well the lines flow with the grill opening

You said that exact same thing to me the other day and I think he may be correct but as I said before you make the calls on this one brother I just confirm them in exception of painting the block I’ll take the credit for that one. lmao

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

joshcarp81

Established Member
Heres my old car for reference. Now resides in Mass.
20180818_173701.jpeg
20160308_165008.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

94slowbra1

Established Member
Cf hoods seem to always be a hold up. Check out the two group buy threads for the cf hoods from steve at TF. We waited months for them to come in. Hopefully yours comes in soon.
But they are well worth the wait and will really set the car off.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Drawback to carbon fiber hoods are that most are made in China, they’ll get held up in customs and shipping. Everything is looking amazing! Can’t wait to see and hear the finished product!

Users who are viewing this thread