50....errr...Two Shades of Grey. An Encore Build Thread

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Drawback to carbon fiber hoods are that most are made in China, they’ll get held up in customs and shipping. Everything is looking amazing! Can’t wait to see and hear the finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
This one is HCM out of California. Evidently they temporarily ran out of hood latches

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
If you build another Mustang, I think it should be Copper.

I've always loved the Copperhead concept Dodge had in "Copper Fire Orange".
dodge_copperhead_richmond_06a.jpeg
lg_8747.jpeg

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I love copper, project “Bad Penny” over on the PT forums was always one I wanted to have.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
So Joe, if your wife lets you do another project and you choose the copper color you should do another carbon fiber hood and have everything painted the copper color except for 2 Shelby stripes. exposed carbon for the stripes. I almost did that on the convertible but found a cobra hood instead. I couldn’t find an American made carbon hood at the time.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
So Joe, if your wife lets you do another project and you choose the copper color you should do another carbon fiber hood and have everything painted the copper color except for 2 Shelby stripes. exposed carbon for the stripes. I almost did that on the convertible but found a cobra hood instead. I couldn’t find an American made carbon hood at the time.

LOL!!!! I dig the opening caveat!!

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member

I wouldn’t stop with just the hood at that point. Do the carbon fiber roof panel (yes they’re out there) and a carbon fiber trunk lid and carry the stripes all the way back.
I’m not talking the fake cf roof wrap either. I forget the company but they do make an actual carbon fiber roof skin to replace the sheet metal roof skin.

Ken

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I wouldn’t stop with just the hood at that point. Do the carbon fiber roof panel (yes they’re out there) and a carbon fiber trunk lid and carry the stripes all the way back.
I’m not talking the fake cf roof wrap either. I forget the company but they do make an actual carbon fiber roof skin to replace the sheet metal roof skin.

Ken
HCM....the same company making my hood

BYEPOLR

Established Member
As mentioned before I change directions a lot. I love the gloss kona blue metallic on the valve covers but I hated the way you could see every imperfection in the castings. So my powdercoater and I found a beautiful solution. Matte wrinkle Navy blue pearl. It...is...stunning. Hides every imperfection. You’ll get to see it up against the bronze tonight
IMG_7621.jpg
IMG_7622.jpg
IMG_7623.jpg

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

Ken

That was my exact same thought, but I had a convertible

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
UltraCarbon out in Washington used to make some killer race CF parts. The SN allows for the roof skin to be removed for cages and replaced with CF pretty easily. CF hood, roof and trunk would be badass!
Love the new covers color too bro, strong work as usual.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread