5% window tint? Good or bad idea?

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
Are all these guys telling you to put 5% on your car gonna help pay your ticket when you get one? 25% all around is whats legal in OkeHOMEE FYI.

Your giving the popo the green light to pull you over whenever they want and search your car if you go with "ILLEGAL TINT PAPAHS". TINT_TERRORIST all up in dis mug mang, HOLLA

he really only asked if it was a good idea due to possible poor visibility.

anyway. i have 5% on the back 3 windows of my s10 ext.cab (back window was factory 16% and my ext cab windows were at 23%) and at night it is slightly more difficult to back out of parking spots but you get used to it. My opinion is it looks better, and at night if you have some jerkoff with poorly aimed headlights it helps a lot.

Before:
th_DSC08521-A.jpg

After:
th_DSC08601-A.jpg

forgot no auto resize here.

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I would do 15% and call it a day.. 5% you will have to worry about cops and u cant see crap out the back window in dark areas

RcodeStang

Established Member
Are all these guys telling you to put 5% on your car gonna help pay your ticket when you get one? 25% all around is whats legal in OkeHOMEE FYI.

Your giving the popo the green light to pull you over whenever they want and search your car if you go with "ILLEGAL TINT PAPAHS". TINT_TERRORIST all up in dis mug mang, HOLLA

5% is legal on the rear/non front side windows in NJ :)

MDIZZLE

the popo
Established Member
5% is legal on the rear/non front side windows in NJ :)

The guy that started this thread is from Oklahoma. Your laws in NJ dont apply in OK. :bored: 25% all around is as dark as he can have legally.

Last edited:

MDIZZLE

the popo
Established Member
limo can make your car look like a spook sled. yohem sayhemmm dawg? :dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i love the side exhaust and side skirts on those style of trucks... if i ever bought a truck i'd buy one like that. or buy a stock one then put that setup on it.

Heres mine just to give you an idea. Never had warnings/tickets either (knock on wood).

IMG_6753.jpg

roberto_145

Established Member
I did the opposite.. 5% on the sides and 15% on the rear.
I figure you can roll the sides down if need be, but you cant change the back, so I went lighter. Still very dark at night in there.

Chuy

Established Member
I have 5%. I love the way it looks. I always drive with the windows down, which makes it easier to see at night. However, if its dark and the windows are up, seeing to the sides becomes a challenge.

Pit-9.jpg

Pit-8.jpg

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
lot of mixed reviews on here but yeah 5% for most people is too dark at night, you don't want to be driving aroudn with the windows down when its snowing/raining and 20f degrees outside.

i have used 20% and 15% 20% is ok i actual have gotton out of few tint tickets. but 15% is perfect but its the breaking point on slipping past a cop who doesn't have a tint meter or whatever its called.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I have had 5% on every car that i have owned. It looks good on certain colors like black, silver. The guy who did my tint made a great point but i didn't think much of it at the time. He said the 5% gives a greenish color when theres overcast. It looks good at night or if the sun is out. This is more noticeable on brighter colors such as my comp orange mach. 5% is also impossible to see through at night. I have to roll my window down while making a left turn. If you ever get caught in the rain you might as well forget about seeing anything. I will never do 5% ever again. I think 15-20 is perfect and also gives the car a classier look imho. But i think some cars look better with no tint vs tint depending on the color.

g00se

I am Second
Established Member
I have 20% on all windows and 35% on the windshield. I've heard mixed reviews from friends who have limo tint. IMO go ahead and get it, looks sick. Nobody can see in snoop on shit they might want to steal.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I think 5% is too dark for me. I can't stand the 100% blackout look. 15-20% is perfect for me, gives a good siloutte(sp) And it doesn't seem to attract as much attention.

Users who are viewing this thread