5% window tint? Good or bad idea?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
5% is too dark at night IMHO. and when it is raining or snowing rolling down the windows is not an option. it looks good but is not a good idea.

Also it is ILLEGAL in Oklahoma so depending on where in the state you are you will get grief from the cops. I have heard that OK City is a bitch for tint but don't know how true that is.

Hi, so i am a long time viewer but seldomly post here on the forums.

Anyways, i have a 03 DSG Mach 1 and its about time to put some better window tint on it and i think 5% would look amazing however, i have had several people tell me it is a terrible idea due to visibility issues.

Anyone have any pics of thier car with 5%? Is it really too dark? Please share your experiences with 5% tint.

colsgt

Established Member
limo it. i had 35% and then went 5% and never looked back. looks slick and not a big deal really you get used to it. watch the 50 tho

JustaGT5408

Established Member
i got 5% on my back 3 and my banner, i would definately go with it!
mycarnight.jpg

straightliner1

Established Member
Been there, done that 4, make that 5 times over. I've had 5% on a couple cars, including my crew cab F250 that I have now. The back 3 are 50% over the existing OEM privacy glass (this = SUPER-DUPER dark). The front 2 and windshield are tinted 50% with the eyebrow strip up top. I have a backup camera on my truck and excellent mirrors, so backing up at night is a non-issue. At the same time, my ex-wife's Accord had 20% on the back 3 and 50% on the front rollups with a clear windshield. That worked out as a perfect compromise between the "badass lookin" 5% and being easy to see through at night. When I do my 2 Fox bodies, they'll be the split configuration 20/50 with the windshield tinted to 50% too. Bombage!

Stevo151

Established Member
My 2 1/2% out back is fine! It is harder at night to see of course but if that bugs you then don't do it. It's not bad at all just be smart and pay attention... From now on I'm only going ATLEAST 5% on the back three windows.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
I have had limo on all my cars, its a little trickey at 1st(especially in a new car) at night but other than that I love it.

Now I did own myself on my last car, had to peel the front window tint off because could not find any to pass it, so that sucked!

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
5% for the past 4 years, you have to roll down ur window for some turns or backing out at night but its worth it

C-Tidda

Established Member
5% is where it's at, total privacy and you can still see out.... It does take some time to get use to it but after that your good to go.... It's illegal here in Memphis where I live but I just tred softly and try to stay out of the Burbs unless it's a necessity. Thinking about 35% for the windshield this summer, haven't made my mind up yet.

4022614373_6c18661fac_o.jpg

4263781354_08fde7d2b1_o.jpg

Hoosier Daddy

TampaRacing
Established Member
I have a 03' Ranger Regular Cab with 5% all around with a very small strip on the windshield. The strip isn't that big so it looks more like 15% but I'm lengthening the strip to halfway down the windshield in a few weeks. Perhaps doubling up the tint on the rear window :). Only problem I have is the seeing part at night but that's only on dark streets. Backing up is easy considering I use common sense and know where I'm parked and whats around me before I get in.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

MDIZZLE

the popo
Established Member
Are all these guys telling you to put 5% on your car gonna help pay your ticket when you get one? 25% all around is whats legal in OkeHOMEE FYI.

Your giving the popo the green light to pull you over whenever they want and search your car if you go with "ILLEGAL TINT PAPAHS". TINT_TERRORIST all up in dis mug mang, HOLLA

Adam03GT

Established Member
Most cars have darker than 5% around here and i have never heard a story of someone getting pulled over or ticketed for it, EVER so i am not too worried.

Users who are viewing this thread