5 tow hook options from ZL1Addons, what's the difference?

TXRickC

Established Member
So looking at ZL1Addons store at Tow Hooks and there are five different GT350 offerings, two are obviously different (GT4 center mount and a Titanium version) but what is the difference between the other 3? I have yet to get a response from ZL1Addons and no luck on FB group.

Premium Tow Hook
Premium Stealth Tow Hook
Feather Lite Tow Hook

Visually look the same, descriptions are nearly the same too. Do all require trimming the lower honeycomb grill slightly?

Dusten

Established Member
So looking at ZL1Addons store at Tow Hooks and there are five different GT350 offerings, two are obviously different (GT4 center mount and a Titanium version) but what is the difference between the other 3? I have yet to get a response from ZL1Addons and no luck on FB group.

Premium Tow Hook
Premium Stealth Tow Hook
Feather Lite Tow Hook

Visually look the same, descriptions are nearly the same too. Do all require trimming the lower honeycomb grill slightly?

Well the feather lite says it's lighter.
The stealth is a less bulky design that's better hidden .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just got finished looking at @03sonblucobra's '07 GT-500 tow hook. It looks great. I like how/where he had it installed

image1644173357-671254-jpg.1736951

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
They look great, until you dont want them anymore. Then you have holes to fill.
Is it just me, or does the one above looks crooked?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it's not just the angle, it can be easily straightened. When I saw the drilled hole, I had that same thought, Paul. It would look out of place IMO if they installed it in the lower grill opening.

TXRickC

Established Member
Haven’t seen any that go through the cover on the GT350. Just upper grill with Ford performance or lower grill (center or offset) from ZL1addons.

Not sure on 2019s but 2020 GT350s have the receiver welded into place in the bumper support (Mach 1 and GT500 each have small removable covers). Maybe someone could drill their GT350 cover for access.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're not going to track your car, cutting holes to put a tow hook is kinda silly.
I do like the look of @03sonblucobra's tow hook, but agree that it is best not to cut into the bumper cover. He could have centered it, horizontally, in the grill.

Do we know that he doesn't track it?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do like the look of @03sonblucobra's tow hook, but agree that it is best not to cut into the bumper cover. He could have centered it, horizontally, in the grill.

Do we know that he doesn't track it?

I have no idea if he does or not. I was just making a blanket statement.

If it's truly a purposeful mod, cut away...if it's for looks, then don't cut.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have no idea if he does or not. I was just making a blanket statement.

If it's truly a purposeful mod, cut away...if it's for looks, then don't cut.
Maybe the owner just prefers that look. I ALWAYS say do what YOU want to do to your vehicle. In the end, that's all that matters, even if nobody else agrees with what you've chosen to do. Your car. Your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread