5 second trick wont turn off traction control completely. WTF Ford?

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
I've tried holding it for 8-10-12 seconds, no difference.

Yes I'm getting the advance track off light.

What is my key?

So the only way to turn it off completely is to pull a fuse, or pull a wheel speed sensor?

That sucks, because I would still like ABS.

if your mom programmed mykey then as much as it may tell you, the advancetrac is still on among other safety features...this is as was explained to me by dealer..

phoenix64

Established Member

It seems to only happen when you lift, and or brake with a lot of opposite lock on, and with significant speed. Looked like he was on the gas the whole time, and he was never out of 1st or 2nd gear.
Again, both cars will do low speed doughnuts all day long with no interference as long as you stay on the gas.

She didn't know what my key was either.

So I have my answer, anybody know where the fuse is?

Last edited:

fightermatt

Established Member
I'm such an idiot, I didn't even know about the holding the button down for 5 seconds thing, I've just been pressing it once and driving, then wondering why sometimes when I kick the car sideways it straightens itself back out lol. Kept forgetting to look up why it was happening when I got home. Thanks guys.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
It can be turned off in your tune also.

[/B]QUOTE=phoenix64;13901922]While road racing my Mustang I did the 5 second trick. I thought it was my imagination, but a number of times when I lifted in a slide at or near full lock I swore the traction control kicked in. Nearly put me in a wall once because of how violently it straightened the car.

Took my Mom's 2012 (auto if that matters) out in the snow a couple weeks ago, and sure enough if you put in the right inputs the traction control will still engage.
Not only that, but when I was very aggressive and spun the car at 50-60mph, it turned itself back to the fully on mode, as in the squiggly lines on the dash went out, and the gauge cluster read "advance track on" without me touching the button.

Anybody else experienced this or are my family's 2 mustangs possessed?[/QUOTE]

Riptide

Established Member
UxKl7zO.jpg

Danman0469

Established Member
I had no problem spinning off the track backwards into a nice grassy runoff area during one of my track days. Once advance trac is off, its off.

5lho

Established Member
There's a 5 amp fuse in the body control module that eliminates all the nannies. I wired a microswitch under the dash to this fuse, with a separate fuse in line and just flick it I'm at the dragstrip once at the beginning of the night and back on at the end. Throws a bunch of lights but, everything is guaranteed off. It will also set the code for failed comm with the instrument panel cluster but, that is easily dispensed with using a tuner box or good diag tool. I just use the code reader built into my tech package car factory, to clear that.

Users who are viewing this thread