5.Brouhaha vs Boss 302 and 2015 Charger RT

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Two different days, but these happened recently.

Got a run in with a random Boss. I had just gotten lunch and I saw this 2013 GHIG boss leaving a car wash. So I drove by him and gave it some in 2nd. Next thing I know is he is sideways leaving the wash. I turn, towards a highway, and he does the same so I do a short little 2nd gear pull. Turn onto the highway and in a minute or two I pass the car in front and here he comes. Started in 3rd at about 55. Revved it out, nailed 4th and had to shut down at like 110 because of traffic. I started to pull away pretty good in 4th. He passed me and stopped later on and I stopped to talk.

He said he was basically stock with exhaust. Car sounded and looked pretty good. Owner was real cool too.

Then yesterday after class me and two buddies went to get some food. As we leave, obviously us 3 in my car, I get behind a brand new blue Charger RT at the light. Thinking nothing of it, he takes off and pulls into the left lane as I try to get into the right. Well he gets on it and pulls in front. Then starts waving me over so I obliged and pulled next to him. He gets on it so I downshift into 3rd and easily start to stop his pull and fly by him. Then he pulls up next to me again, won't even look over. Turns out he is a salesman and the car has the papers in it LOL. Well he randomly takes off again and I just say "WTF" and wait. He is about to turn into the dealer so I do the ricer fly by on him and give him an earful of my Bassani's an O/R X.

I'm still salty he wouldn't look over, I would have loved to of puppy kicked the car again with 3 people in mine lol.

bunits19714

Established Member
nice kills- but beware of the 6.4 liter mopars the 15's A8's are no joke -my good buddy was running 11.8's with just a MT dr on it and is now running 11.60's with 1.61 60' with a tune.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
The ole Ricer fly by lol. OP. Where u at in S IL? I'm from Ridgway

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
nice kills- but beware of the 6.4 liter mopars the 15's A8's are no joke -my good buddy was running 11.8's with just a MT dr on it and is now running 11.60's with 1.61 60' with a tune.

umm this makes no sense, you have people claiming a hellcat is a high 11 sec car stock, when a n/a one with just tire will run high 11's? and tune mid 11's ? I dont belive it the cars to heavy in n/a form and to low on power to match times of its 700hp brother :shrug: so this proves the fatcat is a mid to low 11 sec car high 10's on tire..(even though ford guys / chevy guys dont want to admit it) I just read on here some guy claming the hellcat is only low 12 sec car at best lol smh

Rios302

Established Member
I am yet to race any scat packs 6.4 but I did beat a 6.2 SRT8 manual with a custom tune, intake, full exhaust and 305 DR's. I was a bit worry the SRT8 will start catching up to me once we got up to speed but if anything I was pulling away. He did mention his buddie had a stock Scat Pack A8 and that they race twice with the SRT8 coming on top, however he said that after 4th gear the Scat Pack was catching up.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
umm this makes no sense, you have people claiming a hellcat is a high 11 sec car stock, when a n/a one with just tire will run high 11's? and tune mid 11's ? I dont belive it the cars to heavy in n/a form and to low on power to match times of its 700hp brother :shrug: so this proves the fatcat is a mid to low 11 sec car high 10's on tire..(even though ford guys / chevy guys dont want to admit it) I just read on here some guy claming the hellcat is only low 12 sec car at best lol smh

hellcats are in the 10s with tire. i see them running low 11s all the time at sonoma raceway which isn't a very fast track

bunits19714

Established Member
dodge has the 6.4's turned up pretty well from the factory- but playing with the setting in the dash controls means a lot-trans has to be on this, suspension on this, engine on this- those cars are kinda neat- its like a pre flight check list - turn this, this, and this, off and so on- the air was a little worse just last Friday and he had several 11.70 passes and was 1.600 60' footing- just with the tuner adjusting the torgue management out- those cars have like a 4.80 1st gear- he was trapping 115.+ which is good for a 4400# car with driver

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A 2015 or 2016 (still had paper plates) scat pack stick shift challenger went 108mph in the quarter 2 weeks ago....witnessed it myself. Granted he needed a better tire as car was stone stock, but not all that impressive IMO.

You don't even want to know his ET.....

ramstein

Established Member
Boss manifold on regular 5.0 is faster than Boss manifold on a Boss period.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
A 2015 or 2016 (still had paper plates) scat pack stick shift challenger went 108mph in the quarter 2 weeks ago....witnessed it myself. Granted he needed a better tire as car was stone stock, but not all that impressive IMO.

You don't even want to know his ET.....

Things like this kill me. Does that one run me that's all the car has in it? We make all the excuses in the world when a Mustang runs a bad time but let another brand do it and it's "That car isn't impressive" lol.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
The ole Ricer fly by lol. OP. Where u at in S IL? I'm from Ridgway

Really close to you. I'm about 10 mins from Norris City. When did you move? Was just in Ridgway last Saturday for a party actually.

Boss manifold on regular 5.0 is faster than Boss manifold on a Boss period.

My car does 'feel' like it pulls a decent bit harder than a friends Boss 302 LS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread