5.4l engine

FATlaws

Established Member
Why aren't there many cobras that use the 5.4 out of the navigators or aviators for builds? I found that these can be had pretty cheap, are they just too weak of an engine block to build?

racebronco2

Established Member
Why aren't there many cobras that use the 5.4 out of the navigators or aviators for builds? I found that these can be had pretty cheap, are they just too weak of an engine block to build?

The aviators come with 4.6's, same neads as our cobra's have.

The 5.4's are heavier and taller. You would need to space down the k-member. I don't know if they make adapters to use the Navigator heads with our intake. The Navigator intake ports are almost 3/8" wider than out port. The intake bolt pattern is also different.

FATlaws

Established Member
So other than a k member spacer these engines are good to go? I guess the intake would be a problem but im sure something could be done, I was thinking about a 2.9 or 3.4 on top of one would make great power, hopefully 700 on pump gas

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
There was one member here who had put one in his car I believe. This question falls in line with one that I have always wondered which is why don't people ever do GT500 motor swaps?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There was one member here who had put one in his car I believe. This question falls in line with one that I have always wondered which is why don't people ever do GT500 motor swaps?

Cost is mostly why they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread