5.4 Eaton Bullitt

Fuerza

Established Member
I was going to ask, Is this the 5.4 4v swap that was floating around in the Terminator boards or something of your own creation?

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
5.4 swap

Adgar said:
I was going to ask, Is this the 5.4 4v swap that was floating around in the Terminator boards or something of your own creation?

Nope, this is my own creation. I've been planning on this swap since I saw that BPT was putting roots blowers on the Boss 5.4 on the Austrailian Ford Forums about 3 years ago. Those guys in AU are a great bunch, really helpfull....++++++:beer:

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
5.4 swap

mineralgrey01gt said:
man that is just freakin awesome. Any custom motor mounts or anything like that to get it to fit under the stock hood?

Stock hood required shimming down the K-member. I used Stock motor mounts, but I would really like to find a pic of the 2000 Cobra R mounts, 12mm lower, although I heard they had to clearance the block to get them to fit...:shrug:

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
Took the Bullitt to BG for the NMRA Show & Shine. Funny thing is, I guess made it look too stock, most people didn't realize it was a 5.4. They just thought I swapped in an 03 Cobra........ I had several Termie owners confused until I explained it.. Then OMG.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Awesome build!

Are you running the M112 Eaton from the Terminators? Any concern about that blower not being able to support a DOHC 5.4L?

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
Eaton M112?

WDW MKR said:
Awesome build!

Are you running the M112 Eaton from the Terminators? Any concern about that blower not being able to support a DOHC 5.4L?

Yes, I am running the stock M112 with a 2.95 pulley for now. I am planning on upgrading to a KB or whipple later on once I see what the HP limit is... I can already see that traction is going to be an issue from the monster torque the 5.4 makes now.

GodStang

Established Member
So very sweet. My wife wants me to do something to her 2003 GT. Now that I am done with my 03 Cobra I was thinking about doing a 5.4L swap. I still have my eaton, lower intake, intercooler and things. Do you have any tips or how tos on this mod. Not sure what it takes to get a 5.4L to fit and then what it takes to get the eaton to fit.

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
5.4 eaton swap

Give Crazydave01 a pm. He has been offering a kit just for this swap.... I will try to answer any questions you have after you talk to him..We both have worked this out, we just went about it in slightly different ways.

GodStang

Established Member
Ok I have talked with Crazy dave a long while back. Need to talk with him agian. Thanks for the help.

Fuerza

Established Member
I think you should port your Eaton. Do an upper lower pulley combo. I'd love to see if that 5.4 could make 600 hp with that Eaton. Only a few people have made 600 with an Eaton, they all needed some sort of head work or cams. What are your other mods, heads, cams, exhaust?

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
5.4 info

I think you should port your Eaton. Do an upper lower pulley combo. I'd love to see if that 5.4 could make 600 hp with that Eaton. Only a few people have made 600 with an Eaton, they all needed some sort of head work or cams. What are your other mods, heads, cams, exhaust?

I haven't done many mods yet. I need a baseline run on the dyno before I go mod crazy. The intake was port matched to the Nav heads and I put on the 2.95 upper (mostly for hood clearance). Presently I am seeing 10# boost, which is pretty decent for motor break-in. I have a 2.75 upper and a 2# lower I can put on to bring up the boost. I also have a spare Eaton that I may send out for a Steig port job eventually.

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member

ttt
Has this puppy been on the dyno yet? I sent crazydave a PM. I'm looking for a project worthy of my bank account.:-D

No dyno yet, been real busy, car is running great too.

Crazydave should be able to fix you up.

I already made up a jig for welding the widened intake, I will be fabbing up a spare blower intake when I have some extra time. I also plan on working on some NA intake combos too. The jig will make this alot easier.:rockon:

Here are some links to pics from NMRA at Bowling Green KY.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gboger/100_0172.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gboger/100_0171.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gboger/31Aug2006005.jpg

Last edited:

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
Props getting that snout under the depression of the stock hood. I wasn't so fortunate with the M112/V6. Have you seen the Aussie Mustang V10 project? I'm tossing around the idea of recreating that setup with an inverted whipple or KB 5.4l. This way you can plumb out an a/a intercooler.

Users who are viewing this thread