5.4 dohc/turbo modular fox coupe 8.99@155mph

jmstekguy

Established Member
finally got the car out for for licensing, so i left it soft on the tune up/19psi of boost and had the transbrake set low so it could leave and i didnt have to abort any runs. during licensing i found the car was going 125-129 in the 1/8th, but was feeling a little unerving on the 28x10.5 tire when the boost came on. on the final licensing pass the car ended up going a 9.20@142 mph (getting out of it at the 1000 ft or so), i was happy with just that on its own lol. so then i ran the car again and ended up going 2 9.00's in a row at 150mph, after a breif dicussion with a track official he said that i was lifting early and that i need to run it out longer. i ended up going back to the line heatsoaked, and ran a 8.99@155mph!!

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I wonder what you could trap once the car cooled down. Nice F'ing times man.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

jmstekguy

Established Member
yeah season almost over here, so one more track day tomorow night, cool air and maybe a little more timing and leaving with more boost may make it quicker. kmember was a qa1 blank that i made custom engine mounting points for (allows me to run a 2.5" cowl hood)...car looks like a 12 second car, cept the 'chute gives it away lol

564677_10151212427402604_1798714111_n.jpg

I8URLS1

Established Member
Looks great, almost makes me want to put my mod motor setup into my coupe but I won't do it. Love the car man, what turbos?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
yeah season almost over here, so one more track day tomorow night, cool air and maybe a little more timing and leaving with more boost may make it quicker. kmember was a qa1 blank that i made custom engine mounting points for (allows me to run a 2.5" cowl hood)...car looks like a 12 second car, cept the 'chute gives it away lol

564677_10151212427402604_1798714111_n.jpg
Nice ride it looks like Steeda's old shop car way back in the early 90's, their black notch was a 9 second street sleeper:rockon:

yellowgt02

Established Member
Good job parm!

I miss MFW, but don't have the car anymore. Maybe again in a few years I'll make the trip out to mission once I pick up something again.

coposrv

Established Member
Haha love it. Sleeper for sure. Way to stick to the build and finish it up. Any more pics?

jmstekguy

Established Member
Good job parm!

I miss MFW, but don't have the car anymore. Maybe again in a few years I'll make the trip out to mission once I pick up something again.

thanks man, ya we missed all the cowtown crew this year, you guys missed out on great racing and even better drinks after lol!...make sure you guys come out next year.

jmstekguy

Established Member
Ahh makes sense. Did you used to have a an cobra? I haven't been on the turbo forums in a while.

still do, its the ow in my sig, just building a new combo for that this winter, whipple 2.9/5.0stroker/nitrous should have her done late winter pending on time available between other projects

coposrv

Established Member
still do, its the ow in my sig, just building a new combo for that this winter, whipple 2.9/5.0stroker/nitrous should have her done late winter pending on time available between other projects

Sounds like a nice project. I followed a lot of your posts on the turbo forums. You do awesome work.

jmstekguy

Established Member
Sounds like a nice project. I followed a lot of your posts on the turbo forums. You do awesome work.

thanks man! trying to get this thing to make 700 on the motor and then spray on top, i was able to squeaze 630rwhp on my mustang dyno outta the 2.3 but the tune up was pretty kill to get that. the 2.9 is one of the most impressive blowers i have tuned on, cant wait to see what it does. i have a few other turbo cars being done this winter and my lightning, i will post here when i start...

Users who are viewing this thread