5.4 blower work on 4.6?

chris 96cobra

Established Member
hey i have a 96 cobra ,i'm buildin my motor an was wondering if a 5.4 lightning blower would work on a 4.6,just wondering i have a vortech in my closet anyway.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Can it, yes. The money/worth it ratio, absolutely not. Your better off buying a blower built for your car.

Toasty

Established Member
YOu'd need a massive cowl hood and a C head swap first plus bucketloads of other parts.

THe 5.4 blower has its inlet on the top of the blower and not on the side like the 03-04 setup.

Toasty

Established Member
it could with the right manifold. i don't think it's too wide, but i'll let someone else chime in for sure.

I'm 99% sure that the 03-04 lower will mate with the 5.4 eaton, but again this would necessitate the C or 03-04 head swap. I dont know if the 5.4 eaton intercooler would fit in the 4.6 lower however.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Turbo B Head > swapping for C Heads and getting a Roots/TwinScrew

cost that is..

Not sure I entirely agree. You can find 03/04 heads for like $500-$600, and a used blower for like $2000 if you look around. I've even seen complete C heads for around $250-$300. Sure other little odds and ends are needed but you'll still come in under the like $6k it costs for a Hellion kit.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
Not sure I entirely agree. You can find 03/04 heads for like $500-$600, and a used blower for like $2000 if you look around. I've even seen complete C heads for around $250-$300. Sure other little odds and ends are needed but you'll still come in under the like $6k it costs for a Hellion kit.

not if you piece by piece your turbo kit and it is more like $3500.. touche to you but I am just saying

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Wasnt there a zip tie/ expoy method that I was reading about on here? Can anyone refresh my memory?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
it was PINK zip ties, and duct tape actually, the apoxy was was for a 3.4 whipple on B-heads.. :thumbsup: hope that helps :lol:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LMAO I'm not taking the time to find it sorry guys!! You type in blower swap and you'll get 100pgs of threads lol..

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Im game... I took me like 15 searches because every common word it wouldnt find.. Eaton, swap, zip ties ect..

There was one before this thread that started it all but Im not searching for that one...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/509854-since-no-one-asked-yet.html

I think Stampede got the nail on the head..

Ok lets see if I got this right.

Instructions for GT500 Blower.

Flip IMRCs upside down, Put blower on top of stock intake.
Drill holes to line it up. (If drilling into KB for duel blowers be careful to not drill into KB Rotors)
Put blower on intake with duct tape gaskets in place.
Zip tie with purple zip ties.
Put belt on and go.

Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
wait..so since I already have 03 Cobra heads in my car

...I would be able to physically bolt up a GT500 blower?

I doubt it..but its starting to sound like i can?

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
Already done it!!!!!

newcobra001.jpg

I made 15lbs with just a stright swap. Needing cash to buy a Whipple to step it up a little. Even has an Intercooler.

Users who are viewing this thread