$5,000 and a plan!

NXSVTCOBRA

yes, thats the book, i didnt know it was a SHM book, is it pretty informative?? no need for the tech CD i got it in the mail as i was walking in the door just now

NXSVTCOBRA

REX-RACER said:
Kool! Thanx for the info Sprayed_Pony! :thumbsup:

Dang those bastids at the dealership! :bash:

Is this going to be a stroker motor? Any kind of overbore, or just a straight rebuild w/ forged pieces?

What's the compression going to be? Is it going to be blown in the end? What are your final goal #'s?

Good luck w/ the build! Definitely get those pics up when you can!

sorry for all the ???, and I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I see myself doing this in the future so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can!
its not going to be a stroker motor, the bore on the block is .022 over (to allow for expansion on the pistons that are for a .020 bore)
compression is going to be somewhere around 10.5:1-10.7:1, i just round it off and say 10.5:1,

no blower because, i am going to run turbo later on not now, it'll be later this year probably around august time-frame, once i do i'm going to rebuild the motor once again w/ some dished pistons (they'll be MAHLE's again, just because there are some doubters out there about that particular piston company, but i'll leave that alone)

im not sure what to expect in hp #'s, i know my tourque will be through the roof... i'll tell you the set-up

-mahle forged pistons (10.5:1 roughly)
-modmax forged rods
-FRPP high volume oil pump
-BBK Long tubes
-BBK o/r mid-pipe (H)
-JLT RAI
-4:10's
-T45 tranny
-SPEC stage 3 clutch
-stock h/c/i for now
-42lb/hr injectors
-aviator fuel pump
-topped off w/ a 200 shot on 100+ octane

i dont mind the questions, if i know the answers i'll answer them for you :thumbsup:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
how much did it set you back with shipping (if any)?

I got it off of Ebay. Book was 11 and shipping was 5.00, but I bought another book from the same guy so he just sent them together and I paid 5.00 for shipping on both.

The other book was building a stroker (I forgot the exact title). It's actually pretty good because it has a number of general assembly tips in it.

Kcobra99

Established Member
I purchased Sean Hyland's book recently.

My copy cost ~$25cdn w/ shipping, I don't have the reciept handy but shipping was around $3. But that's nearly useless to you because I live in Canada (it'll be cheaper for you). Chapter 15 has a complete buildup of a 405hp N/A 01 cobra motor, and page 120 has the torque specs for the 4v motors.

NXSVTCOBRA

i need to get one, im gonna look for one on e-bay now, this service manual CD isn't working for me, i need the tourque specs this week.....

i downloaded the CD and when i open it i get about 4 or 5 messages saying "An error has occured on the script of this page" so i dont know

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
figure out now whether you want to ever have forced induction in the future because now is the time to make your engine's compression correct for future mods...8.5:1 for forced induction and if your going to stay N/A forever go 11:1 high compression on your rebuild think carefully...!!

Good Luck

NXSVTCOBRA

themadgmkillr said:
figure out now whether you want to ever have forced induction in the future because now is the time to make your engine's compression correct for future mods...8.5:1 for forced induction and if your going to stay N/A forever go 11:1 high compression on your rebuild think carefully...!!

Good Luck

did you read my posts, i already figured out im going forced induction in the future, for now im running flat top pistons because what good is it having low compression with no blower or turbo, i'll get better results with higher compression and nitrous, by the time i do go to a turbo it'll be time to pull the motor again and freshen it up, thats when i'll go with dished pistons, i think i said that earlier

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
i need to get one, im gonna look for one on e-bay now, this service manual CD isn't working for me, i need the tourque specs this week.....

i downloaded the CD and when i open it i get about 4 or 5 messages saying "An error has occured on the script of this page" so i dont know

How big was the download and what is the name of the file you downloaded?

Users who are viewing this thread