5.0 mustang vs 98 trans am **vid**

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
damn close races, but i think the 5.0 was a lil faster.

1000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
the 5.0 prolly had a H/C/I pakage, that will normally beat LS1s imo since ive owned a 5.0 with just about everything in steps..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In the first race the Trans Am couldn't pull on the Mustang so unless the driver messed up I'd give the power nod to the Stang. Best way to judge them would be at the track where the conditions are better controlled. Nice video!

dis3as3d

Established Member
Looked dead even to me, the first race looked like the mustang had the gearing advantage. After initial push it stayed even, and the second race looked pretty even to me.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
well, im racing the transam next in my 5.0 and the T/A has a cam now too. So, it should be a pretty good race. :)

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
i think since he has a cam and a 3600 stall, he will beat me, but we will see. we will post the vid up once we race.

02reaper

Established Member
Those trans am's pull hard on the top, I have to give an older mustang props for even hanging in there like that.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Originally posted by 02reaper
Those trans am's pull hard on the top, I have to give an older mustang props for even hanging in there like that.

hanging in there?........he won.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
I gotta wait for my buddy to upload the files and then I will send him ur footage and he can edit it all together and we should be able to get it up by sometime this weekend.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
so yeah, we decided not to go with any footage from my car b/c it was way too dark. Here is the vid from the T/A:

http://myimages.fourvalve.com/vanride/cammedTransAmVsBoltOn50.wmv

first and second runs are from 55 and 3rd is from 40.

I want to point out that in this video it was raining and we were both spinning pretty badly. We will race again when it is dry from a dead stop and see if I can do any better.

ALSO, the T/A has more done to it than at the beginning of this thread. By the time we raced, he had:
long tube headers, mass air sensor,hypertech,3600 torque converter,air lid, 224 something cam, and brand new tires that REALLY hook up. He SAYS he puts 334 to the ground but im thinking it is higher than that.

my mods are basic bolt-ons and 3.73:1 gears. STOCK BLOCK, STOCK HEADS, STOCK CAM, no juice, no power adders.

I kept pulling pretty hard at first, but as soon as I hit 4th i would spin pretty badly and he pulled away fast. I hate racing in the rain.:mj:

anyways, hope u guys enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread