4v Swap Goes Spin Spin Spin

fordmotorsports

Established Member
Six months after I swapped my 99V6 to 2001 4v I decided track time needed to happen before any mods. I still run the open 7.5 with 3.27s, LOL
So, I headed out to the track last night. I was the 2nd car on the track it was 59* I started off with and idle launch, LOL that was fun I believe my first pass was 14.59 @ 105.XX I hot lapped the Peg Leg and got a 14.29 @ 105.XX. Then it was time for another hot lap I ran a 14.01 @ 106.XX These are all in the 2.40ish 60ft. I would launch off idle and as soon as I hit about 3500 it would break loose, I tried pedaling it, but it didn't work. So I parked it and let it cool for about 25 or so minutes.

After the cool down, I lined up against my buddy in his 08 silverado, he got outta the hole and I launched hit 2nd and the car just broke loose, I went half throttle and got back into it and it just broke again, I grabbed 3rd and let it ride out, I caught him about 3/4 track and passed. He ran a 15.60 @ 89 to my 15.04 @ 102 lol.

Then all the big drag cars got out there and got the track heated up. We got back in line and I decided to heat my tires and get some VHT stuck to the Skreet tires, I lined up and launched at 1700, it actually dead hooked and I got outta the hole. I was so excited that I missed 2nd, I ran a 13.98 @ 105.XX

Last race of the night, I lined up and marked my dial in for 13.75, because that was my goal. I launched at 2500 and got dead hook again, I then granny shifted 2nd and it felt good. The car beside me was dialed at 13.50 and wasn't catching me, I threw it into 3rd and it started to spin, I just planted it and didnt get the win light. That pass was 13.60 @ 106.66 with a 2.22 60ft.

I am now going to work on getting an 8.8 with some gear, and some 31 splines. With the MPH I should be good for some 12.60s. WHOOT.

This was all just a baseline from a V6 swap to 4v to see where I am at. My car looks funny, the passenger side quarter panel is covered with VHT and the driver's side has like 2 tiny specs on it. Whoot one wheel peel

Last edited:

gmsux

Established Member
Sounds like you had a great time! That's really cool to drive your project after all the work and have a fun time. Getting the 8.8 will be a easy fun project and you should see some nice gains, especially if you get some sticky tires on another set of wheels.

fordmotorsports

Established Member
You know the best part? People at the track probably thought you had a really strong V6!

Actually, they came to find out what the hell it was because of the MPH. I just chuckled and said it was a V6, then I showed one guy and he brought his friends. I was known as they guy with the 4V swap. LOL
I can't wait to get a good rear, some gears and throw my D/R's on. :rockon:

Nazman

Established Member
Very strong. The ligther weight of the V6 (trim, etc) is helping you quite a bit! What was the race weight? Any mods on that motor?

Naz

fordmotorsports

Established Member
I don't really know race weight. It is less the crap in the trunk, it is still a pretty much full option V6, minus a mach system and leather seats.
Mods are JLT, o/r x, borla side exit. There might be some kind of tune in the computer, because my predator will not write a backup and acts kind of funny, so I don't know if it is my tuner or my car has a tune in the computer. :shrug:

ctothap

Established Member
thats awsome, I just finished my 4v swap into my 99v6!! its alittlle faster now! its cool to see another project finished!!

[email protected]

Established Member
I don't really know race weight. It is less the crap in the trunk, it is still a pretty much full option V6, minus a mach system and leather seats.
Mods are JLT, o/r x, borla side exit. There might be some kind of tune in the computer, because my predator will not write a backup and acts kind of funny, so I don't know if it is my tuner or my car has a tune in the computer. :shrug:
nm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread