4v head identification

1999riocobra

Established Member
if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. im pretty sure its a c head, there is a letter C cast into the head down in the area of the valve springs. the only number in the head is i believe the engineering number:

RFF6ZE6C064AB

i also noticed a very small area of blue paint on the head as well, any information would be very helpful!!
thanks, feel free to call or text if you have any info!
717-330-8506
thanks
Ken

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
if it has one intake port per cylinder it's a C head. Are the cams installed? If so, what are the intake cam part numbers?

Last edited:

1999riocobra

Established Member
the heads are bare, no cams, valves or springs. im sure they are c heads, and they have 4 spark plug threads. is there anything i can physically check to see what version of the c head they are?
thanks for the help so far Todd.
Ken

DOHCavanti

Established Member
Your part number indicates a 1996 head (the F6ZE is Ford for F=90's, 6 is the year in the 90's, Z is Mustang, and E is Engine Design Responsibility Code).

The F6ZE head is a B-head. If it has 2 intake ports per cylinder, that means you don't have a C-head.

C-heads don't have a C cast into them for identification purposes. They are just coded "C" because the first version/prototype of the DOHC modular engine was "A" and then Ford decided to go with the "B" version for production in the Mark VIII, then they went with a single oval-port for each cylinder in 1999, thus making it a "C" revision.

Users who are viewing this thread