4th to 5th shifting................. HELP!!

Reptar13

Established Member
I know this is all over the forums and it has been discussed MANY times!! but i would like to out my situation out here for some help and advice!

My car is a 2013 Boss 302 #1700, i've been through everything trying to shift this car the correct way.... I have Sr stainless clutch, MGW Race spec shifter, and i've removed the spring on the clutch pedal.

The MGW RACE SPEC helped with every single one of my gears EXCEPT 4TH to 5TH AT HIGH RPMS!! The transmission just got warrantied by Ford and it has less than 400 miles on it. They changed the whole entire assembly! Any advice will be appreciated! I know this a common problem, but maybe someone can direct me to some sort of extra information.

Thank you in advanced!

I only get these problems at HIGH RPMS! Normal driving is perfectly smooth.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
Change the clutch. The ford pressure plate is junk. Everything else is a band aid. Clutch is not disengaging that's why it wont shift.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Do you have a bracket as well as the MGW shifter? I have he stock shifter with steeda bracket and the shifts are majorly improved.

Reptar13

Established Member
Thanks for all the inputs guys, I installed the Mcleod RST yesrterday and currently in the break in period. I must say that the clutch pedal might be softer than the stock! Its amazing!! Ill keep you guys posted on how it helped

Users who are viewing this thread