4r70w Swap complete... but speedo no worky

drusmith

Established Member
Tried a few different speed sensors and none seem to work, does any one know what speed sensor i need to use with my 03 Cobra to make the speed accurate. Right now on the highway I am lucky if speed shows 40mph.

Here are some pictures of the swap.
newAutoshifter.jpg

I still reach for this pedal! LOL :shrug:
clutchpedal.gif

4r70w.jpg

Any one wants this? Complete with D&D Street/strip build, 500 miles on rebuilt trans, cross member, McLeod Twin disc, Bell house and Flywheel.

transT56.gif

LordVader04

Established Member
Any Dyno #s with the auto yet

We basically have the same set up, :beer: just wondering if you have had it tuned with the auto yet, and what valve body are you using?

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I don't know if you have adjusted it in your SCT yet? But the output gear on the 4R70W outputs less pulses per MPH than the T-56. The reluctor wheel in the Output shaft has 6 reluctors instead of 12 from the T-56/T3650.
Here is what needs to be changed in the SCT software so that the speedometer works correctly. Scalars>Systemswitches>Number of holes for OSS Sensor - Change it to 6 instead of 12.

Last edited:

boost42

AssKicker
Established Member
Mine was reading 160 when I was going 60-70. Just like said above. Change OSS to 6 instead of 12. Make sure to put the exact tire your running as well

KingKiller

Established Member
I'm having a similar problem. I verified that my tune reflects 6 for the OSS sensor, but the speedo reads around half...any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread