4lb or 6lb Lower?

Secesh

Established Member
I'm getting ready to order some pulley's and want to get some feedback as to torque differences between a 2.93/4lb and a 2.93/6lb. It's an unported blower for now. I'm just curious if the results would be worth the increased lower size. I know either setup is going to get decent hp numbers, but what about torque? And of course the often-debated overspinning of the blower.

- Aj -

Established Member
2.93/4lb is the hot ticket (pun intended). You'll want a ported blower with that setup as you are going to spin the Heaton pretty hard. There is a current thread going with all the guys that have this setup.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Go with a 4# lower. That will bring you right at around 16.5psi, 17psi at most.
If you run a 6# lower, what will happen is that it will run so hot, it wont be worth a crap. 2.93/4# is about the most that you will want to run on an Eaton. Dont worry about the hp differences, this setup is worth it because it wont spin as fast and wont build up as much heat as a 6# lower...and trust me, you will feel the rwtq with a 2.93/4#.

People think that running all this boost on an eaton is going to bring them crazy numbers and times. This is when whipple w140ax or KB comes into play.
If you want to have a 500rwhp car, then do the port/pulley combo. If you are looking to get your 575rwhp-650rwhp then do a twin screw.

eaton=Heaton

Machinator

Banned
I have what is in my sig and soon Im going to the 2.93 to see if I can get a couple of more whp. I think I have crossed the threshold that Screamin Cobra is talkin about. Then in a couple of months I am getting one of the new Whipples and turn the boost up to 19psi.

Users who are viewing this thread