49ers, Tom Brady And The NFC West

canibus

Established Member
Well guys I have been very distant from this part of svtp all year, didn't really have the time to stay with the conversations, so I decided to give you a glimpse of a perfect NFL scenerio for me as a 49er fan and football fan as well.

49ers:

As a fan since 93, I would say I know my team very well. I think most fans would agree that After Steve Young left, the niners go anemic after being down 14. They go stale and flat out lose confidence. They are not a team that can recover after being down that much regardless of QB. Which is why they lost to Minnesota, NYG and Seattle. All 3 got up big early and SF never came back. That was about to be the story against GB. They were up 7, SF punted and Aron Rodgers was about to put them to sleep. Had it not been for the punt drop I think SF was going down. I know it seems unlikely given what kap brought to the game, but take my word for it. Not saying there haven't been exceptions, there have, but they've been far apart.

Now this takes me to The possible NFC west Super Bowl if Seattle wins then obviously the NFC west is going to the Super Bowl, but do the niners really want to play Seattle? Not sure. Russel Wilson destroyed them in Seattle and barely lost in SF but that was before he really came to his own. So in all honesty, I would rather they play Atlanta in Atlanta than to play a momentum team and not to mention division rival whose team is built to beat SF. So either outcome between seattle and atlanta works for me, Atlanta wins, I feel SF can beat them. Seattle wins, the NFC west goes to the Super Bowl.

It's been a running joke that the NFC west is the worst division in football, while they have stunk it up, that is not completely true. The NFC west is the only division to send 3 teams to the Super Bowl in the last 13 years with a possible 4rth if SF goes through. Rams won and lost one, Seattle got reamed once, and the cardinals would've won theirs had it not been for that bonehead fumble before half time.

Tom Brady:

My favorite player. In my opinion he is already the greatest of all time, but there is a bit of room for argument since Montana and Bradshaw have 4 SB's. My dream Super Bowl is the 49ers vs. The Patriots because if SF wins, they get the 6th to tie Pittsburg and make me the happiest person alive, but if the pats win, Tom Brady will get the fourth and then will truly be cemented as the greatest. While it'll take me a few weeks to get over a SF loss, I'd eventually be happy for Tom Brady, And be honored to have followed his career since the drew Bledsoe injury.

Sorry for the long read, just thought I'd take you into my thoughts, what's your perfect Super Bowl?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I'm a HUGE Tom Brady fan.. I am confident they will win tomorrow, but I'm pretty worried about the Ravens.. I think they can beat them too. I honestly do see a good possibility of Pats/Niners in the SB

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Barring a catastrophe today NE should pull it off. It will be a great match up with Baltimore. 49ers/Pats should be and awesome Super Bowl. I am a huge Brady fan and I am hoping for him to hopefully get his fourth Super Bowl ring.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I've been a fan of the 49ERS since they drafted Joe Montana in the 3rd round of the 1979 draft!!! :)

I think they have a great team & coach....Harbaugh made a bold decision at mid-season...I really liked how Alex Smith had played, but Colin Kapernick made me a believer last night!

Go NINERS!!! :D

Planter

Banned
if you all make it to the Super Bowl and play the Pats or the Crow faggits...I hope you BEAT THEIR MOTHER****ING ASSES into a bloody pulp.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
how many superbowl chokes did bradshaw and montana have????

ya, gonna take 5 rings for brady to be thought of as better than either.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I want Tom Brady in AFC Championship game. To be the best, you gotta beat the best.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Well guys I have been very distant from this part of svtp all year, didn't really have the time to stay with the conversations, so I decided to give you a glimpse of a perfect NFL scenerio for me as a 49er fan and football fan as well.

49ers:

As a fan since 93, I would say I know my team very well. I think most fans would agree that After Steve Young left, the niners go anemic after being down 14. They go stale and flat out lose confidence. They are not a team that can recover after being down that much regardless of QB. Which is why they lost to Minnesota, NYG and Seattle. All 3 got up big early and SF never came back. That was about to be the story against GB. They were up 7, SF punted and Aron Rodgers was about to put them to sleep. Had it not been for the punt drop I think SF was going down. I know it seems unlikely given what kap brought to the game, but take my word for it. Not saying there haven't been exceptions, there have, but they've been far apart.

Now this takes me to The possible NFC west Super Bowl if Seattle wins then obviously the NFC west is going to the Super Bowl, but do the niners really want to play Seattle? Not sure. Russel Wilson destroyed them in Seattle and barely lost in SF but that was before he really came to his own. So in all honesty, I would rather they play Atlanta in Atlanta than to play a momentum team and not to mention division rival whose team is built to beat SF. So either outcome between seattle and atlanta works for me, Atlanta wins, I feel SF can beat them. Seattle wins, the NFC west goes to the Super Bowl.

It's been a running joke that the NFC west is the worst division in football, while they have stunk it up, that is not completely true. The NFC west is the only division to send 3 teams to the Super Bowl in the last 13 years with a possible 4rth if SF goes through. Rams won and lost one, Seattle got reamed once, and the cardinals would've won theirs had it not been for that bonehead fumble before half time.

Tom Brady:

My favorite player. In my opinion he is already the greatest of all time, but there is a bit of room for argument since Montana and Bradshaw have 4 SB's. My dream Super Bowl is the 49ers vs. The Patriots because if SF wins, they get the 6th to tie Pittsburg and make me the happiest person alive, but if the pats win, Tom Brady will get the fourth and then will truly be cemented as the greatest. While it'll take me a few weeks to get over a SF loss, I'd eventually be happy for Tom Brady, And be honored to have followed his career since the drew Bledsoe injury.

Sorry for the long read, just thought I'd take you into my thoughts, what's your perfect Super Bowl?

:beer:

canibus

Established Member
how many superbowl chokes did bradshaw and montana have????

ya, gonna take 5 rings for brady to be thought of as better than either.

Well considering Tom Brady plays offense, there was really nothing he could do about both miracle throws by manning. Last year was on ol Wes dropping that pass as well but Tom Brady has shown up to all 5. It's the fact that he doesn't have a super star team around him that makes him great. Montana did and so did Bradshaw. Tom Brady makes his team mates better. Don't believe me? Why did branch bust without him?

canibus

Established Member
I've been a fan of the 49ERS since they drafted Joe Montana in the 3rd round of the 1979 draft!!! :)

I think they have a great team & coach....Harbaugh made a bold decision at mid-season...I really liked how Alex Smith had played, but Colin Kapernick made me a believer last night!

Go NINERS!!! :D

Amazing game, I liked kap when they'd play him on preseason. Never thought he'd get the nod. Especially after they kissed Alex smiths ass to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Well considering Tom Brady plays offense, there was really nothing he could do about both miracle throws by manning. Last year was on ol Wes dropping that pass as well but Tom Brady has shown up to all 5. It's the fact that he doesn't have a super star team around him that makes him great. Montana did and so did Bradshaw. Tom Brady makes his team mates better. Don't believe me? Why did branch bust without him?

he coulda...i dunno...scored more than a friggin season low 17 points!

he's responsible for scoring right?

yup...choked it up

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
he coulda...i dunno...scored more than a friggin season low 17 points!

he's responsible for scoring right?

yup...choked it up

not even worth arguing. besides, you're a cowboys fans, you would know a choke when you see one

Users who are viewing this thread