49 RWHP with Apten port job

mjtpolice76

Established Member
I decided to go with the Apten port job after they offered there special September pricing. First thing I did was go to the dyno to get a base line number. 441.6RWHP and 458RWTQ with mods in sig. Absolute barometric pressure29.92hg, intake air temp 88.0F with a correction factor of 1.00, time 3:15.36 EST.
Then I came home and took the blower off. Its not as easy as I thought it would be here are some pics of the blower before porting

heres the blower after porting

here are the three dyno runs after installed ported blower. No other mods except the ported blower. I tried to tweek the fuel and timing to get to 500RWHP but was unable to. The next mod will be Billit flow TB The absolute barometric pressure this day was 29.74hg, intake temp was 85.0F with a correction factor of 1.01SAE, and the time was 3:40.25EST at the same dyno.
I think the port job is worth the money!!!:D
P1010340.jpg
P1010356.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010357.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010358.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010360.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
I get my blower back on tuesday, if I get close to your results I'll be very pleased....

Dave

Naja Haje

Established Member
I get my blower from Apten 9-27-04, and hope to dyno on the 28th I'm hoping for numbers as high as yours.

TO_04Cobra

Established Member
Nice results. I'm a rookie to this mod, so how does the porting actually help (I know more airflow or smoother airflow)... but looking at the pictures of the ported blower is a bit confusing.

What does the new "oval" port do and what is the fuction of the original round "valve" to the left?

Rookie questions...

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by TO_04Cobra
Nice results. I'm a rookie to this mod, so how does the porting actually help (I know more airflow or smoother airflow)... but looking at the pictures of the ported blower is a bit confusing.

What does the new "oval" port do and what is the fuction of the original round "valve" to the left?

Rookie questions...

Porting the intake allows more efficient filling of the cavity above the rotor pack. This increases airflow especially at high rpm.

Porting the output allows move direct discharge over the intercooler. This helps decrease boosted air temperature allowing better resistance to pre-ignition and/or detonation.

the round valve is the by-pass valve. Under vacuum conditions this valve is open. Under loaded conditions, this valve is closed.

I am about 50% through with removing my Eaton. I am taking a break to go to church and pray that the remaining 50% and the install goes as smooth as the previous 50%.

Peace.

BTW mjtpolice76, great numbers.

Last edited:

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
WOW Those are great #'s! 48whp more! If these results were gauranteed I would do this in a heart beat! Even 40whp! Congradulations.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I would also like to see the air/fuel graph after the port. Did you change the tune any on the first apten pull? Wondering if it leaned out to cause such a huge gain. Most port jobs I've heard of are in the 35rwhp area. Looks like I'm adding the apten port to my list of future mods.

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
WOW...nice #'s...hope to do this soon as well.....Jon

BmxBlaster

Established Member
I should have my Apten back monday 27th , my car dynoed 404rwhp with just jlp ram air and a magnaflow catback. when i get the apten back its getting a 2.8 put on so im hoping to jump from the 404rwhp to around 490rwhp with those 2 "SMALL" mods. =) ill keep you guys posted.....

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Excellent numbers. :thumbsup: Definitely plan to have mine done over the winter. ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Davesnake
I almost forgot....whats your A/F look like now?

Dave
Ditto. Can we see your A/F? In many cases the ported blower leans out the A/F producing higher numbers. That's what happened to mine. I got 38rwhp with my Apten but after working on the A/F (which went a point lean to 12.5 - 12.75) it dropped to about 25.

Can you feel a big difference up top? Like it wants to pull forever? :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I can see every pic except for the last one, the after dyno. Can you try and post it again.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Very nice #'s, nice difference over the old port design.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Best Apten #'s I've seen yet!!! Very nice gains for $400.00, can you say bang for the buck! :thumbsup:

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Took mine off today in 45 minutes..sending it out tommorrow morning to apten...nothing like waiting til the last minute huh...nice numbers tho....get a 2-4lb lower and watch the tq sky rocket...hehehehehe

Jay

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by BLWN03
Took mine off today in 45 minutes..sending it out tommorrow morning to apten...nothing like waiting til the last minute huh...nice numbers tho....get a 2-4lb lower and watch the tq sky rocket...hehehehehe

Jay

Thats what ill be doing hopefully.
Watching the torque skyrocket. hehe :beer:

Dom

Users who are viewing this thread