:)

01Cobra896

Established Member
Glad to see you got your beast running. I finally got your old system installed on my car. VEry happy with it, just so you know.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
UPDATE

Got some more dyno time this morning.

745/748 still on 19psi, pump gas. Only difference is 11.5 a/f. Still like 16 degrees timing.

Still with a stock intake, t/b, and the choke masters :)

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
UPDATE

Got some more dyno time this morning.

745/748 still on 19psi, pump gas. Only difference is 11.5 a/f. Still like 16 degrees timing.

Still with a stock intake, t/b, and the choke masters :)

Wow good numbers:rockon:

Put a intake and 65mm TB on to get those numbers even higher. What are you going to replace the choke masters with?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Wow good numbers:rockon:

Put a intake and 65mm TB on to get those numbers even higher. What are you going to replace the choke masters with?

Well I'm picking up a sullivan intake this week. Ill go ahead and throw on an accufab t/b aswell while I'm at it. I'm interested to see what it will do? I mean hell it already made 750/750. I will prolly leave on the flows honestly. The car dosnt see 750 on the street unless I have some 110 in it though. Even though its safe I'm still not comfortable w/ that much on pump. Just not worth the risk IMO. So I got a barrel of 110.

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Well I'm picking up a sullivan intake this week. Ill go ahead and throw on an accufab t/b aswell while I'm at it. I'm interested to see what it will do? I mean hell it already made 750/750. I will prolly leave on the flows honestly. The car dosnt see 750 on the street unless I have some 110 in it though. Even though its safe I'm still not comfortable w/ that much on pump. Just not worth the risk IMO. So I got a barrel of 110.

Better run it safe then sorry. Either way good numbers and Bad @$$ cobra:beer:

Blown02

Established Member
Nice man. Similar to my last combo, numbers and everything.

My HP h pipe leaked around those crappy flex areas, might want to check that out.
Also, im sure u prob already know, but make sure u dont have drainback problems, as they cost me 2 turbos.. restrictors, scavenge pump, and jacking the turbos up/possibly making brackets for the turbos to hold up will cure this problem for sure.

I just saw u said ur getting a sullivan intake this week.. Im sure u know this too, but u will need the kit or modification to the piping for it to work in the front.. or u could get the HPP sheetmetal upper and everything will boltup.

Did u say u had the heads ported, which heads? stock cams?

Oh ya, take those crappy flows off, they are costing u hp.. get something straight thru like a borla or magnaflow magnapack on there.

I cant wait to get my car back. Its been sitting for almost 2 years!!!

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Nice man. Similar to my last combo, numbers and everything.

My HP h pipe leaked around those crappy flex areas, might want to check that out.
Also, im sure u prob already know, but make sure u dont have drainback problems, as they cost me 2 turbos.. restrictors, scavenge pump, and jacking the turbos up/possibly making brackets for the turbos to hold up will cure this problem for sure.

I just saw u said ur getting a sullivan intake this week.. Im sure u know this too, but u will need the kit or modification to the piping for it to work in the front.. or u could get the HPP sheetmetal upper and everything will boltup.

Did u say u had the heads ported, which heads? stock cams?

Oh ya, take those crappy flows off, they are costing u hp.. get something straight thru like a borla or magnaflow magnapack on there.

I cant wait to get my car back. Its been sitting for almost 2 years!!!

Mine dont have the drainback issues like the older kits did. It has some, but not much at all.

Im really thinking about getting the sullivan, but dont really know. I am curious on how much more power it will net me honestly, and I would hate to put it on and not gain much. Im also concerned about loosing some tq aswell if I did the swap to the sullivan. Like I said earlier it already made 750/750. I mean how much more can it make on pump safely you know? I just dont know if I like running around with so much power on pump gas...

I already have the sullivan tube for it to work.

they are ported 03 heads and stock 03 cobra cams.

I might just leave the 01 on there. That will probably net me more than the intake swap.

Honestly I would only spend a lil bit more to go sullivan after I some my 01 intake and fuel rails so I might just say screw it.

Blown02

Established Member
Mine dont have the drainback issues like the older kits did. It has some, but not much at all.

Im really thinking about getting the sullivan, but dont really know. I am curious on how much more power it will net me honestly, and I would hate to put it on and not gain much. Im also concerned about loosing some tq aswell if I did the swap to the sullivan. Like I said earlier it already made 750/750. I mean how much more can it make on pump safely you know? I just dont know if I like running around with so much power on pump gas...

I already have the sullivan tube for it to work.

they are ported 03 heads and stock 03 cobra cams.

I might just leave the 01 on there. That will probably net me more than the intake swap.

Honestly I would only spend a lil bit more to go sullivan after I some my 01 intake and fuel rails so I might just say screw it.

My kit wasnt an old kit, I thought it didnt have drainback issues, but it burnt up 2 turbos because of no oil. id really make sure..

750 on pump? u sure thats safe on pump gas? never really heard of anyone runnin 19psi or 750rwhp on pump gas on a modular turbo seutp.. i always ran 15 or less psi on pump.
the sullivan intake will pickup considerable amount of hp but itll loose some tq.

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
My kit wasnt an old kit, I thought it didnt have drainback issues, but it burnt up 2 turbos because of no oil. id really make sure..

750 on pump? u sure thats safe on pump gas?
the sullivan intake will pickup considerable amount of hp but itll loose some tq.

how would you check the drainback issues then. And you mean checking to make sure the turbo's are getting oil and that its not "draining back"

750 on pump... Thats what Im saying. It made that with 19psi, 16 degrees timing and 11.5 a/f. BUT Im NOT comfortable with that much power on pump while driving it on the street when its hot as hell, so thats why I ask myself whats the point in getting the sullivan then if its only gonna come into play when I run race gas...

Blown02

Established Member
how would you check the drainback issues then. And you mean checking to make sure the turbo's are getting oil and that its not "draining back"

750 on pump... Thats what Im saying. It made that with 19psi, 16 degrees timing and 11.5 a/f. BUT Im NOT comfortable with that much power on pump while driving it on the street when its hot as hell, so thats why I ask myself whats the point in getting the sullivan then if its only gonna come into play when I run race gas...
Im not sure how you check for drainback problems, but if that was my car I would get a scavenge pump and restrictors and make sure those turbos are jacked up as high as they will go.. brackets really would help them from sagging.

11.5 a/f? While that is safe, I like my tunes safer, 10:5-10:1. pig rich. i dont like building these expensive motors, so I play it safe. personally, I wouldnt be running 19psi, 16*, 11.5 af on 93 octane.. never know when ur gonna get some bad gas and detonate..
Id run less boost, but its all up to you.

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Im not sure how you check for drainback problems, but if that was my car I would get a scavenge pump and restrictors and make sure those turbos are jacked up as high as they will go.. brackets really would help them from sagging.

11.5 a/f? While that is safe, I like my tunes safer, 10:5-10:1. pig rich. i dont like building these expensive motors, so I play it safe. personally, I wouldnt be running 19psi, 16*, 11.5 af on 93 octane.. never know when ur gonna get some bad gas and detonate..
Id run less boost, but its all up to you.

I guess your not reading what Im typing. I said I dont want to run w/ 750 on the street w/ pump.

So I DONT.

Thats why I dont know if its worth getting the sullivan.

I have a barrel of 110 at the house so I know there is good gas in the tank when I need it.

Blown02

Established Member
I guess your not reading what Im typing. I said I dont want to run w/ 750 on the street w/ pump.

So I DONT.

Thats why I dont know if its worth getting the sullivan.

I have a barrel of 110 at the house so I know there is good gas in the tank when I need it.
Oh Im reading what your typing, but much of your last posts didnt make sense.
edit-Nevermind, good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread