460 in a new edge?

99SVTSnake

Established Member
I dont want to know pro's or con's. I am looking for are there engine mounts available or would they have to be custom made? Are there headers available? I just inherited a 450hp/475trq 460 CI engine. Thinking about putting it in the cobra or buying another high mileage new edge V6'er to put it in. Let me know guys.

Rich

NXSVTCOBRA

you could do a SN-95 5.0 K-member, and the fox 429/460 mounts, along with the fox 429/460 headers, but the question is why do it, even if its inherited?? power to weight ratio isn't worth it IMO

i have one here at the house that i refuse to build and even put in a fox much less a 99+

if i had that luxury i'd sell it and build a small block motor put out the same amount of power for less money, and a lot lighter, but it's your decision not mine

99 svtcobra

Sprayed_Pony said:
you could do a SN-95 5.0 K-member, and the fox 429/460 mounts, along with the fox 429/460 headers, but the question is why do it, even if its inherited?? power to weight ratio isn't worth it IMO

i have one here at the house that i refuse to build and even put in a fox much less a 99+

if i had that luxury i'd sell it and build a small block motor put out the same amount of power for less money, and a lot lighter, but it's your decision not mine

cobrafan

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Anything can be done w/ enough time and money, but once again why? There's a guy in my local club that stuffed an "inherited" '00 Lightning motor into a '97 GT. He played hell getting it to fit. He had to get a 00R k-member, which is deeper than stock and then he still had to cut a whole in the hood for the supercharger to poke through. We call it Frankenstang locally, but hey it works and it's definately unique. Good luck w/ that project!

Users who are viewing this thread