Votes: 58 76.3%
  • ls1

Votes: 18 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
A fully build LS1 will NEVER sound as good as a stock 5.0 with Flowmasters. You'll make all kinds of hp but it will sound like shit.

So go with the 408w.

Raven519

Established Member
A fully build LS1 will NEVER sound as good as a stock 5.0 with Flowmasters. You'll make all kinds of hp but it will sound like shit.

So go with the 408w.

lol sorry but flowmasters sounds like ass...

back on topic...i voted LS1, however, since you already have 408w parts, do that...if you were starting from scratch, easy choice, LS3...:)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Blasphemy!! Stick your ford motor in their and be happy. As others have said, crossbreeding different domestics is like sleeping with ur 1st cousin.
it wouldn't even be a hot second cousin related by marriage only(viper V10), but it would be a first cousin related by blood who's been around the block a few times(LSx). your pretty ****ed up if your going after that:dw:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
If you already have the 408, then go that route, but if starting over, like was said before, LS1 all the way.. Some people dont like the idea of this kind of swap, but i say do it to it!

This. Or, a company ( I think it is called Warhawk) strokes LS1s to 468 ci I believe.

World Products makes the Warhawk block. Its a good block, but i think the LSX block from GMPP is more commonly used.

Heres a 496ci Warhawk making 620RWHP/620RWTQ N/A on PUMP:
Vengeance Racing builds 496 Warhawk... Dyno Graph/Idle Video/Pics Inside - LS1TECH

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone in here freaking out over the idea of an LSx in a Mustang cracks me up. If you didn't already have most of the parts to build a solid 408, I'd say go LSx, if for no other reason than to piss people off. Seriously... who the **** cares if he puts an LSx in there.... it's not your car, calm down.

EDIT- I change my vote to 2JZ-GTE. That would be a badass swap.

Users who are viewing this thread