400-500 hp

Project96svt

Big Pappa
Established Member
Just wondering if in order to get the hp i need, do I need to get a new short block or will a forged rotating assembly.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Our blocks will hold over 800rwhp, assuming you're talking about a 96. All you need for 4-500rwho is rods and pistons. Our crank is forged and very strong.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Well are you planning on staying n/a or boosting it or what? On boost these motors can handle a bit above 400 whp on a good tune.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Put a used blower at 8lbs on your stock engine and you'll have your horsepower goals. People usually make around 420rwhp with similar combinations.

No need for a forged rotating assembly as long as you don't get greedy with the boost and power.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I was making nearly 500 rwhp on the stock block with no issues for over 3 years. If you have a good tuner and get it dyno tuned you can get away with 450-500 hp. If you have an inter, or the Vortech after cooler, that makes things even safer. I would go with 1 size smaller than the stock 3.6 pulley and that should put you around 450

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
block and crank will handle anything you can throw at them..1200+hp all day long.

rods and pistons..not so much.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Just wondering if in order to get the hp i need, do I need to get a new short block or will a forged rotating assembly.

thats what im talking about thanks alot man finally got to the bottom if it lol

A "shortblock" consists of the blocm, crank, rods and pistons.

Your shortblock will work for power levels up to 450rwhp (with shortened life of course). Anything more will require rods and pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread