4 year+ resto mod on my 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby....1st post too!

shelbymopar89

Established Member
A while back after I finished the car I was out tooling around and ran into
97COBRATINY, found out he lives just a few houses down from me. Today he stopped by and we chatted for a while. After looking at my car he said I should post it up on here. He tought some of you might like to see it and know a little about it. As I told him there are not many people around that I really fit in with. I despise the "ricer" crowd and the V-8 guys rarely give me the time of day. I used to hang out with a few of the GN guys but that was years ago and I no longer know where they are. I am the type of guy that just diggs cars, and can respect (almost) every car that somebody puts a lot of sweat, time, money and passion into. Enough with the BS here are some pics.
aaa.jpg

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

aah.jpg

aai.jpg

aaj.jpg

aak.jpg

aal.jpg

aam.jpg

aan.jpg

aao.jpg

aap.jpg

aaq.jpg

aar.jpg

aas.jpg

aat.jpg

aau.jpg

aau.jpg

aaw.jpg

aax.jpg

aay.jpg

aaz.jpg

aba.jpg

aca.jpg

ada.jpg

afa.jpg

aha.jpg

aia.jpg

aja.jpg

aka.jpg

ala.jpg

ama.jpg

ana.jpg

aoa.jpg

apa.jpg

aqa.jpg

ara.jpg

asa.jpg

ata.jpg

aua.jpg

ava.jpg

awa.jpg

axa.jpg

aya.jpg

aza.jpg

baa.jpg

bab.jpg

bac.jpg

bad.jpg

bae.jpg

baf.jpg

bag.jpg

bai.jpg

bak.jpg

bal.jpg

bam.jpg

ban.jpg

bao.jpg

bap.jpg

baq.jpg

bar.jpg

bas.jpg

bat.jpg

bau.jpg

bav.jpg

baw.jpg

bax.jpg

bay.jpg

baz.jpg

bba.jpg

bbb.jpg

bbc.jpg

bbd.jpg

bbe.jpg

bbf.jpg

bbg.jpg

bbh.jpg

bbi.jpg

bbj.jpg

bbk.jpg

bbl.jpg

bbm.jpg

bbn.jpg

bbo.jpg

bbu.jpg

bbv.jpg

bbw.jpg

bby.jpg

bbz.jpg

caa.jpg

cab.jpg

cad.jpg

aaa.jpg

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

aah.jpg

aai.jpg

aaj.jpg

aak.jpg

aal.jpg

aam.jpg

Still working on the tune, it is comming around though, not as many bugs to work out of it as I thought there would be. The worst part is getting a computer that is just right, I have to call and get a chip burnt and just keep trying. Have the best one so far in there but still running rich at 10.2-10.5. I envy you guys that can plug in an SCT and bam, done. In the event you are still on dial-up :sleeping:

f2hatch

Established Member
Very nice 1st post. Good job on the resto and welcome to the site.

mojo58

Former 98 GT driver
Established Member
Very nice, i love these kind of "Off the beaten path" cars like this and the Mitsubishi Starion. I appreciate the work you put into yours. What kind of power does it put down?

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
thanks for the picture book of the build. That is a very original style ride you got there. Im a fan!

shelbymopar89

Established Member
Thanks guys! Honestly I was not sure how it would be viewed on a Mustang forum. As far as the power I am not sure what it is putting down, I hate when guys throw out stupid crazy numbers and nothing to back it up. I am trying to get a chip in that gets me where I want to be A/F wise, then take it to the dyno (prob Tony at HP) and fine tune it timing/fuel wise. At this point it would be a waste of money and time because I am not close enough on the tune yet. All in all I will post up the numbers when I get it all dialed in. So far the judges have been kind to me, only been to one big show though, getting ready to go up to Mopar Nationals in Columbus Ohio for a big show in Aug.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Wow I love it! Makes me want to finish up my Merkur XR4ti. I looove what you did with the turbo pipes with the wrinkle finish. I get so tired of chrome pipes with blue elbows that you see EVERYWHERE. Definitely what I'm going to do on my car. Those engines are so strange what with the exhaust and intake ports on the same side of the head, but the performance doesn't lie.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
That's awesome.,.,., I knew a guy who had one,., way back.,,. it was very fast for the time :-D

great job!!

jumperjack

Established Member
Really nice job. Enjoy it now that all your hard work is behind you. Also congrats on doing something out of the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread