4 rotor rx7 madness.

NXGHOST

Established Member
WTF did they build the engines in those videos for? To rev them up? Why the heck dont they try driving them? Maybe they have revving contests?

Ex-'93 Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Ex-'93 Cobra

If I find more vids ... I'll post em.
I'm sure that the option 2 vid that the clip is from has plent of crazy footage. Buy the option 2 vid :);).

Like I said ... the option 2 vid that the clips came from is bound to have footage of that car doing donuts, burnouts, running the mile, 1320, autocrossing, street racing , whatever. Buy the vid and find out ;).

Hey 351MachOne ... thanks for the info and support. Not all people appreciate all cars and realize that almost every weak part that causes poor reliability can be made stronger and be improved upon.

Best regards.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
The first two videos still will not download. Ex93 no problem, it isn't hard to recognize the performance potential of those motors. It is just hidden, under stacks,... of money.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by robiferretti
dont those engines last like 4000 miles? my buddy ihor has a fast 3rd gen and he is on his 5th motor in a few 2-3 years

Rotary Performance built my friends 2nd Gen 12B motor. It has 90K miles on it, still running strong and he beats the crap out of his car. Your friend should find someone who can build a motor.

http://www.rx7.com/

wicked03snake

Established Member
my friend has a 3rd gen tt, and it runs real good. hes upped the boost to 18 psi and runs low 13s, high 12s. not bad at all real efficient engine, but as it was said, reliability

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
No doubt his car wont be reliable. 18psi is a bit much, the stock twins puished to 13lbs with no mods is too much. Like I said, you have to spend a bit of money and be fairly serious about doing things THE RIGHT way in order to keep that engine running well

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
Rotary Performance built my friends 2nd Gen 12B motor. It has 90K miles on it, still running strong and he beats the crap out of his car. Your friend should find someone who can build a motor.

http://www.rx7.com/

Ive got a couple vids of 1g turbo w/13b's running 10's...

It is pretty funny... And they sound god awful...

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
Everyone I know that had an RX-7 ended up blowing the motor sooner or later. Especially if they tried modding it out. The seals kept going to hell in a handbasket. They do sound cool though, in a weedwhacker sort of way.:idea:

baadakku

Established Member
To whoever's friends own the FD (3rd gen '7), what kind of mods do they have? If none, they should definately get a DP, cat-back exhaust, aluminum AST, and new (better flowing) radiator. Did they go back to the Mazda dealership to get the 3 big recalls fixed? First, Fuel line recall. Second, Cooling system recall . And third, Brake Recall. If they are the second (or third, fourth, etc) owner, I'm pretty sure they can check the door jamb to see if the recalls were done.

The best thing to do is to call Mazda Customer Relations (1-800-222-5500) with the VIN number and ask which recalls the car requires and if they have been performed.

The rotary is great motor for for turbo induction. You definately have to build the motor from the start though. The 3G cars are notorious for dumping stock engines at 50-60k.... This is usually attributed to poor maintenance or rancid abuse.

I have to agree with you. Many rx7s are still on their original engines at like 100k miles. You just need to baby them and change the oil at least every 2500 or less! The pre-cat has a high failure rate between 50-60 thousand miles. And for the love of God, get the reliability mods (the three I stated above).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread