4 hours with the clay/polish/wax - Pics

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
spent the better part of this afternoon in the garage giving my GT "The Works"

- Wash
- Claybar (pinnacle clay and sonus Glyde clay lubricant)
- Griot's garage stage 3 machine polish for light swirl mark removal using the griot's orbital buffer (I got lucky. The paint was in really good shape so I only had to hit it with the stage 3 polish to take care of the light swirl marks)
- Claybar the wheels (removes TONS of junk)
- Werkstat "jet trigger" acrylic sealant (let cure for 30 minutes after application and immediate wipe down)
- Griot's garage best of show wax

- Inspect with high powered shop lamp (also helps you spot the left over wax on the paint)

I'll get some better pictures after work this afternoon as those of you who own or have seen candy red in direct sunlight know it looks it's best then so I'll update this post later tonight.

For now, some garage pics from last night. Zero swirls and a nice clean mirror shine. :D

Man I'm glad I only have to do this 3 times a year. Working that buffer is exhausting... especially in a 100+*F garage :( I think I pounded at least a gallon and a half of water.

raMHuh.jpg

DJLsKh.jpg

A9N41h.jpg

iS58ch.jpg

ylHcAh.jpg

rl6oBh.jpg

*EDIT*

New pics

qUCHjh.jpg

ujMb1h.jpg

wozjyh.jpg

5tONUh.jpg

VJRmkh.jpg

SICa4h.jpg

Last edited:

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
What lens are you using for the wide angle shots?

Sigma 8~16mm on a T2i. I absolutely LOVE the lens. I've yet to find a better lens for shooting cars.

It doesn't have much barrel distortion in the center so it doesn't have much of that ultra wide fish eye.

Only real drawback is that at 8mm, it requires a TON of light. Hand held shooting indoors is more or less impossible without a flash.

Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens 203101 B&H

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Sigma 8~16mm on a T2i. I absolutely LOVE the lens. I've yet to find a better lens for shooting cars.

It doesn't have much barrel distortion in the center so it doesn't have much of that ultra wide fish eye.

Only real drawback is that at 8mm, it requires a TON of light. Hand held shooting indoors is more or less impossible without a flash.

Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens 203101 B&H

Nice choice. I almost bought that lens but I went with this instead.

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X 116 Pro DX Autofocus Lens ATX116PRODXC

Nice work though. Usually people jack wide angle shots all to hell but you put some nice finishing touches on them.

FastRedPonyCar