4 Door car under 20k (Or Lease 3-400/month) Ideas?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The N54 335i and 535i (and xi) models are pretty stout..

This... 07-10 335i with the n54 twin turbo. Will make 400+whp with bolt ons, handle AMAZING, and are pretty easy to work on.

The "reliability" issues are fully documented by now and actually are not bad at all for anyone who can turn a wrench.

Icing on the cake is a 2008 335i with 70k miles or so can be had for $10-12k.

Amazing deal.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I know some keep mentioning the SHO, great car, just lacking in room. The older SHO has less room in the back than the Fusion.

I know you said a car is what you are looking for, but consider the new generation Ford Edge Sport. You can get a 2015 at a reasonable price, and they will haul a$$! They have a ton of room, and did I mention they are fast? We just bought a new 2016 this year, and we love it. We came out of a Ford Fusion Titanium.

If you are wanting a functional family vehicle, you should give the Edge a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ModMike1572

Established Member
Chevy SS? You looking to lease, buy or either? Older or newer? Big? Small? Midsize?

Sent from my BlackBerry. The blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use!

I'd honestly rather lease than buy but I'm open to anything.

It seems as far as leasing in my price range, there are some really nice luxury cars you can get into, just most if not all of them are lacking in the power department aside from the Charger. I've just never been crazy about the charger but I wouldnt mind heading to Dodge and seeing a new one in person and driving it.

I havent looked into the Chevy SS at all, let me look and see what they lease for..

As far as size, doesnt really matter honestly.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I know some keep mentioning the SHO, great car, just lacking in room. The older SHO has less room in the back than the Fusion.

I know you said a car is what you are looking for, but consider the new generation Ford Edge Sport. You can get a 2015 at a reasonable price, and they will haul a$$! They have a ton of room, and did I mention they are fast? We just bought a new 2016 this year, and we love it. We came out of a Ford Fusion Titanium.

If you are wanting a functional family vehicle, you should give the Edge a look.

What motor does the Edge have? I like those and am open to SUV's, but I think my wife wants a luxury 4 door sedan.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Twin turbo 2.7 V6.

Luxery? It may be a Ford, but here is the features ours has:
Heated and cooled front seats, heating rear seats which recline.
AWD
Blind spot assist, front and rear camera, front camera has a washer on it.
Park assist. It will park itself, all you do is control the gas and brake.
Navigation.
Driver assist package, the steering wheel will vibrate and the vehicle will pull itself back into the lane if you cross the centerline.
The 2016 model has adaptive steering. It's amazing. When you put it in Sport mode, the steering stiffens up and becomes more responsive. Read up on it for more info. It's pretty slick.
Panoramic sunroof, push button start, power lift gate leather interior.
The lift gate can be opened and closed by kicking your foot under the bumper with a key fob on you, and can be closed the same way.
Also has dual climate control. 3 positions for driver seat memory. Steering wheel adjustment is electric. Passenger seat is electric with lumbar also.

And I am forgetting some things! It's loaded, and fast!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the only pic of ours I have on my phone. The day we bought it. The biggest reason we bought it, was due to the amount of room in the front and rear. I'm 6'4", and need room for 2 car seats. The Edge is one of the roomiest SUVS on paper and real world.
5c3601087f87ec3ed03117db15590465.jpg

ModMike1572

Established Member
This is the only pic of ours I have on my phone. The day we bought it. The biggest reason we bought it, was due to the amount of room in the front and rear. I'm 6'4", and need room for 2 car seats. The Edge is one of the roomiest SUVS on paper and real world.
5c3601087f87ec3ed03117db15590465.jpg

Thanks for the info man. Wife likes it. Will add that to the list of cars we will go and test drive.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Also everyone, after talking with the wife again... We're most likely leasing and not buying. Looking for something in that 400/payment range, max.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Leasing is really not a good idea unless you like a car payment, don't mind limiting yourself to 10-15k miles a year, and change cars ever 3-5 years anyway.

I will say this about the Edge and Escape (I have the escape) they are great I will also say that the escapes have the same engine that the focus ST has, it is just detuned, so you can put a tune for the ST on it and be even faster.

Also everyone, after talking with the wife again... We're most likely leasing and not buying. Looking for something in that 400/payment range, max.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
A couple pics with the windows tinted. Made a big difference. Also, our Edge has auto dimming head lamps, driver side mirror and rear view miirror.
51aebfd122ab19a51fb8ba56bda02563.jpg
efcf4e5fe110014a3ced0891ecd762d8.jpg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Town Car with a Terminator engine? :D

Stay away from Euro cars unless you lease new and DONT plan on buying the car after the lease.

Lexus ISF, Lexus LS430 (bullet proof), Lexus GX470 (07-09 are nicest, also bullet proof) etc etc.

I am serious about the Town Car or the Crown Vic though. Extremely cheap, very reliable, stupid easy to fix, parts every where. Buy a nice example for 5-6 grand and you saved money, have a big 4 door car and its reliable and safe for a family.

smitty2919

Established Member
I'll never understand the plan to lease something when you can buy and own a car outright A LOT sooner.

Lease to buy is even dumber since you about double your payment period on it. Keep purchase price lower, pay off loan in couple of years and be thankful to NOT spend $400+ a month...especially since there a ton of options out there in a 4 door DD under $20K.

25000 @ 5% and 72mo is $405/mo.
15000 @ 5% and 60mo is $283/mo.

If you can/willing to spend $400/mo then find a 15K car at 5% and 60mo but still do $400/mo on it and pay off REAL fast. You are adding an additional ~$100/mo to pay it off.

Users who are viewing this thread