4 Door car under 20k (Or Lease 3-400/month) Ideas?

ModMike1572

Established Member
Never shopped for a 4 door car before so need some advice. I know these type of threads come up every once in a while.

To make a long story short, my wife and I are selling both the mustangs (my 24k mile '04 Mystichrome Coupe and her '14 6 cylinder) and replacing it with 1 car or suv (Has to be 4 door). Still have my powerstroke (always hooked up to the trailer for work).

I was thinking about leasing.. I've done it before and liked it. I can write 100% of the payment off through our business. I want to be in the 3-400/month payment range.

Also would consider something used for under 20k.

Here's the thing...I really wanted something with some power under the hood... I'm giving up my 600+rwhp cobra.. Everything I've come across for a lease in that price range has a very small motor. Nice luxury cars for sure, but no speed whatsoever. And anything used under 20k (like Benz, Audi's, etc) I'm scared of because of reliability issues.

Would love to hear some ideas.

AAG

Established Member
Why would you get rid of your low mileage Cobra that isn't depreciating for something that loses money every time you look at it?

ModMike1572

Established Member
Why would you get rid of your low mileage Cobra that isn't depreciating for something that loses money every time you look at it?

Where do I begin?

1. The money I get for the mystichrome will be used to pay off my business loan.

2. Plan to start a family soon and would rather have the 4 door car than 2 impractical mustangs.

3. I've out grown the mustang hobby / car scene. Driving around in a loud, color changing car that gets kids flocking to it and asking where I got the custom paint job from doesnt appeal to me like it used to.

08mojo

Established Member
3. I've out grown the mustang hobby / car scene. Driving around in a loud, color changing car that gets kids flocking to it and asking where I got the custom paint job from doesnt appeal to me like it used to.

:D This made me laugh! I have no good advice for a car in the range you listed... If a hellcat charger can be had for those lease terms, it's a no brainer. However, I bet you have to put a healthy down payment to get that monthly lease cost.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
:D This made me laugh! I have no good advice for a car in the range you listed... If a hellcat charger can be had for those lease terms, it's a no brainer. However, I bet you have to put a healthy down payment to get that monthly lease cost.
Going thru some threads, seems to be like its true, sort off.
Lowest I saw was $509 with first month payment for a 2016 Challenger Hellcat.

For a Charger 16 Hellcat, its $600~. That is extremely cheap! Seems like you also need to have a lease in your household in order to qualify for more rebates/deals.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/hellcat-500-a-month-nothing-down/7885/242

I would jump in for a Charger Hellcat, maybe once my Explorer is done lol

StrayBullitt

Established Member
If I had to have 4 doors under 20 grand and reliable it would be the best condition newest 4runner I could find for that price. If I wanted to sacrifice some reliability for some power, Maybe possibly maybe an older Supercharged Range Rover sport.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Is ford giving away fusion sports yet?

You might contact a dealer about a lease.

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
I just picked up a 2014 Kia Optima SX turbo for $17K. 274hp and supposedly a low 14 second car. Made in Georgia. Gas mileage has been in the mid 20's, but should touch 30 on a long trip.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I just picked up a 2014 Kia Optima SX turbo for $17K. 274hp and supposedly a low 14 second car. Made in Georgia. Gas mileage has been in the mid 20's, but should touch 30 on a long trip.
I leased a kia optima sxl back in 13 and it was awesome, I loved that car! Never took it to track but it would of drug my volvo v70R i had before. And it got low 30s on hwy on 87 gas. Had hid lights, led strips, heated and cooled seats, nav and a nice infinity stero.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

I leased a kia optima sxl back in 13 and it was awesome, I loved that car! Never took it to track but it would of drug my volvo v70R i had before. And it got low 30s on hwy on 87 gas. Had hid lights, led strips, heated and cooled seats, nav and a nice infinity stero.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
My kid got one of these (newer I think) about 6 months ago, and it's actually not a bad car.

Users who are viewing this thread