4.6 build need help please

91notchback93

Established Member
im danny new to the forum couldnt find a spot to introduce myself so figured id do it then ask a couple questions....im building a 93 nnotch back (i know nothing to do with svt but im doing some cool stuff so wanted some help from u guys!) and its gonna have a teskid block but 03 cobra internals ported "C" heads and a ported eaton i wanna know every last thing i need for the swap its going on a 96 mark 8 base block i know i gotta switch to C heads so far? thats the first question second is it gonna be paired with a built 4r70w withalike a 3000 stall and 456 gears with 345 35 18 rear tires (im mini tubbed) with that combo started above at about 3000lbs how fast u think the car will be no problem hooking? last i wanna do the ported heads and ported eaton bigger injectors like 80lbs and better heat exchanger,intercooler full exaust long tubes no cats and flowmaster mufflers oh i will be also running mark 8 cams cause i already have them any i heard there more agressive what will u think it will make for power at motor and also to the tire? please and thanks to any one who can provide help

SlowSVT

Established Member
80 lb injectors seems a bit overkill for a ported Eaton. 60's should provide better resolution to the injector map making it easier to tune especially at low rpm's.

91notchback93

Established Member
thank u and um the injectors i read some were that 60s max out at 600 some one told me i should make more than that,,,how much power do u believe ill make?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
im danny new to the forum couldnt find a spot to introduce myself so figured id do it then ask a couple questions....im building a 93 nnotch back (i know nothing to do with svt but im doing some cool stuff so wanted some help from u guys!) and its gonna have a teskid block but 03 cobra internals ported "C" heads and a ported eaton i wanna know every last thing i need for the swap its going on a 96 mark 8 base block i know i gotta switch to C heads so far? thats the first question second is it gonna be paired with a built 4r70w withalike a 3000 stall and 456 gears with 345 35 18 rear tires (im mini tubbed) with that combo started above at about 3000lbs how fast u think the car will be no problem hooking? last i wanna do the ported heads and ported eaton bigger injectors like 80lbs and better heat exchanger,intercooler full exaust long tubes no cats and flowmaster mufflers oh i will be also running mark 8 cams cause i already have them any i heard there more agressive what will u think it will make for power at motor and also to the tire? please and thanks to any one who can provide help

Damn dude learn how to use punctuation!!!! Anyway, 60's should be fine for that combo. Even with all that porting and your build I don't think you will see 600 rwhp especially thru an auto. Will it go 9's? Who knows. H/c/i blower fox bodies properly built run 10's making mid 400's for rwhp. There is a large debate over heat exchangers and if upgrading really works.

Check out the eaton swap thread in the New Edge forum. That details all parts you need and I think has links to a few build threads on other forums. The threads have pics as the build goes along and also some good diagrams for things like IAT2 wiring and vaccuum nose routing. Even with the auto I think your gears may be a little steep. I don't know anyone with an eaton that runs a 4.56. Remember this a PD blower, you hit the gas and the boost is right there. That combined with 4.56 may just spin the tires. I would try to figure out what tire size you are gonna run at the track and then compare it to the rest of the car and see what gear is optimal for you.

racebronco2

Established Member
i will be also running mark 8 cams cause i already have them any i heard there more agressive what will u think it will make for power at motor and also to the tire? please and thanks to any one who can provide help

The mark8 cams are the least lift and duration. I checked the lift on some mark8 cams and they were only about 380 lift and about 180 duration.

91notchback93

Established Member
oh wow thanks guys...sorry rob i wrote it fast lol but um i heard the mark 8 cams were good and i heard since i was running a overdrive transmission ill need steeper gear... either way its not put together yet im gonna start on my rear soon...thank u for the help guys very much appriciated.

Users who are viewing this thread