FOR SALE: 4.6 / 5.4 Jesel Roller followers $2900

LT1BIRD

Established Member
Hardly used set of Jesel roller followers and Lash posts... 30-40hp extra.. super high rpm...no more spit followers as these will not come out... solid lash posts with shims.. will fit any 2v/4v mod motor if you get new lash post/adjusters tops etc... this setup is for a 5.4 shelby....comes with some spares... shims, etc... these will only work with solid lash adjusters not hydrualic... remove the followers without removing the cams as there is a clip on the side of them.... will work on cobra motor if you buy 16 more smaller lash posts.. you need to talk with your engine builder if your intested..

Attachments

• IMG_4006.JPG
    IMG_4006.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4009.JPG
    IMG_4009.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4018[1].JPG
    IMG_4018[1].JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 50

Bad Company

Established Member
You can run these followers with stock hydraulic lash adjusters without any issues. I've got a set of them in my 5.8 Shelby engine and run stock lash adjusters

LT1BIRD

Established Member
odd.. jesel said they do not work with stock hydraulic lash posts... maybe its the size of the oil hole in the follower?? so your running the solid followers with the hydraulic posts.. no issues with oil pressure or anyhting.. i wonder if the gt500 has larger oil holes already on the stock followers?

68gtscode

Established Member
I remember reading an article on these in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords back in the day. The horsepower increase was surprising and substantial. If I still had a GT500, I would think hard about investing in these pieces… I believe this is the only set I’ve ever seen for sale on the forum (or anywhere, for that matter).

LT1BIRD

Established Member
yes they are rare beacuse they are crazy expensive lol.. they were supose to be good for 40hp just from the resistance improvment and then even more hp for the increased lift and lack of bleedown...incresed rpm capability etc.. who know lol... im still wondering if bad company would respond... :) I might keep them and throw them in another 4.6 im building...

68gtscode

Established Member
^ Yes, that’s normally the case, but I didn’t want to highlight the cost :) I recall the dyno tests from the MM&FF article proved around a 40hp improvement, but I don’t remember the blower and engine combination… I assume this could increase higher power engines, but I’m not certain. Regardless, the gain was impressive from improving a part no one even talked about as an issue.

Someone like John Mihovetz at Accufab could likely answer your question very easily. I’d call him or maybe L&M to help make your decision. They are a very cool part and I’d try to hold onto them if I were you…

EDIT- another helpful resource would be Ed Schaider (eschaider) on Modular Fords forums… he’s an encyclopedia when it comes to the mod motor!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Absolutely! I reached out to him recently about an issue I had with my Coyote, and he provided the same thorough and detailed feedback I remembered him for. He’s a tremendous resource.
Yep, always was. I need to pop in just to look around.

Bad Company

Established Member
I bought these followers years ago when the first engine L & M built expired shortly thereafter. So I'd say it was 10 years ago, maybe longer, so my memory is lacking somewhat when it comes to these. I talked to Jesel about them before I purchased them. I don't remember them having two different versions, one for solid post lash adjusters and one for the stock hydraulic lash adjuster. In fact I bought 1 of each of the sold posts to maintain the correct valve lash adjustments with the stock followers to measure the camshafts lift and profile of the radical junk L & M camshafts(my opinion) without having to have oil pressure from the engine to maintain proper valve lash while only working with a block, crank, one cylinder head, head gasket and timing chain mocked up. Also Micheal at L & M when he was still supposed to rebuild the failed engine and I showed up with the Jesel followers stated that he didn't like them. Why? Because with his radical super high lift camshaft design that he uses that the followers would bind on the casting of the lash adjuster pockets of the cylinder heads and that he has to grind away some of the lash adjuster pocket of the cylinder head to gain clearance for them to work. With Tony(BES) or John(Accufab) the camshaft profiles they design for these engines don't require any cylinder heads modifications to use these followers.

If you have the original box these came in from Jesel the part number should be on the box, if so you can post it or take a picture of it and attach it so anyone with questions can call Jesel for further clarification as to what posts they are compatible with. I truly can't remember there being a difference in the followers between the two different lash posts styles available for these engines.

Here is a link with a description of them from Jesel's website and the wording is a bit confusing on this also

Followers — Jesel Valvetrain

Users who are viewing this thread