4.5 whipple dyno with ZR1 killer pulley

T2013gt5B

Bro u have a better chance of seeing Elvis at Burgerking today then EVER hooking up with them size tires smh.

U need a 15 inch conversion with a MT Pro Radial. Thats a little less HP than my Turbo Mustang makes on 93 octane. Without the Pro Radial it was a skating pond going down the hiway.

At a very minimum u need a 17 inch with a Street R otherwise ull end up in the woods 100%.
I was thinking of putting a 3.08 gear in it to help with traction. I really don’t want to change wheels and tires.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Any thoughts on upgrading to a new gen Whipple?

Pretty confident you’d make more power with a 3.8l

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Would love to see if this platform gets a Gen 6 3.8 but either Whipple has that crank on borrowed time without a crank support.
Not seen too many GT500 guys around here run the 3.8
-J

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I would assume you upgraded to a subframe connector at this power level? BMR.....Stifflers?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Didn't VMP already dk this? I know Kong was doing work on a 3100 rotor pack for the ls9 and the 2650 actually outperformed it.
Good memory. Yes I was slated to test one but the old 3100 rotor pack didn’t like to be over spun so a spun 2650 could make as much.
Eaton came out with a 3100R redesigned rotor pack to outperform the old 3100 and 2650 but the engineers at PRI said they didn’t see an OEM using it currently so it’d be aftermarket only. That means time/cost will be greater but I’d bet it’s still coming soon.
-J

Bad Company

Established Member
These engines are safe to turn to 7500 RPM with a wet sump oil pump and the proper internal modifications. With a dry sump system you can take them to 8500 without too much trouble.

6500 and a hard shift with that big blower can be enough to cause a problem. I can't remember the transmission ratios to do some math to see if a gear change would drop the RPM on the shift close to peak torque, but I think it will be close. Torque is what is going to break the snout as it tries to turn the blower, along with moving the car.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
These engines are safe to turn to 7500 RPM with a wet sump oil pump and the proper internal modifications. With a dry sump system you can take them to 8500 without too much trouble.

6500 and a hard shift with that big blower can be enough to cause a problem. I can't remember the transmission ratios to do some math to see if a gear change would drop the RPM on the shift close to peak torque, but I think it will be close. Torque is what is going to break the snout as it tries to turn the blower, along with moving the car.
I have seen alot of built 5.8 shifting well at 7500RPM!! I did know that the Cobra Jets that JDM ENGINEERING was using said they could shift at 8000RPM.I never knew they could go higher with the work that you said was needed for that. Thats good info.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Good memory. Yes I was slated to test one but the old 3100 rotor pack didn’t like to be over spun so a spun 2650 could make as much.
Eaton came out with a 3100R redesigned rotor pack to outperform the old 3100 and 2650 but the engineers at PRI said they didn’t see an OEM using it currently so it’d be aftermarket only. That means time/cost will be greater but I’d bet it’s still coming soon.
-J

lets assume that 2650 and a kb 3.6 are roughly the same in potential output.

how do the two compare for stress on the crank if both are maxed out?

Bad Company

Established Member
I have seen alot of built 5.8 shifting well at 7500RPM!! I did know that the Cobra Jets that JDM ENGINEERING was using said they could shift at 8000RPM.I never knew they could go higher with the work that you said was needed for that. Thats good info.
The reason to limit RPM to 7500 with a wet sump system is coming from a recommendation made to me by John Mihovetz. John did some extensive testing a number of years ago with an engine on a test stand with windows in the block to see what was happening to the oil of the engine. What he saw was anything above 7500 RPM and the oil started accumulating in areas in the block, instead of draining down into the oil pan. He said it was bad enough to cause the oil pump to start cavitating. He feels if you want 8500RPM that you need a dry sump oiling system with its multiple suction pumps to scavenge oil out of the engine. BIRDDOC's car was a dry sump that revved to 8500 for the shift points.

Thinking of BIRDDOC's car has anyone heard anything about Y2 Racing and his old car? Y2 is located in the Dallas TX suburbs anyone from that area hear what they're doing with that car?

Users who are viewing this thread